Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek Card Game!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Got a few emails...anyone else interested? :D I still have lots of free decks and cards to give out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Yeah im deffo interested, reminds me of top trumps from when i was a kid.

Looks fun tbh.

Id love ot get two decks, but i dont suppose you wanna send them over to wales :)

Hey there anti!

Yeah its alot of fun, but has alot more strategy to it than Top Trumps. many players say it mixes chess with poker (alot of the really good players are good at bluffing too!) If you go to www.decipher.com you can read a lot of articles for new players.

I'll send 2 decks to you. Just let me know what 2 affiliations you would like (choose from Federation TNG, Federation DS9, Klingon, Romulan, Borg, Bajoran, Cardassian, Dominion or Ferengi) and your address. I'll pop them in the post.

All I ask is that you are really interested in playing! If you can get a few more people interested in the game, then I will send more stuff over and before long ye could be running events (which are a great laugh!)

We have 16-18 players who play every second wek down at Other Realms in Cork City. We have a new set being released down there on Saturday 26th August (To Boldly Go which introduces Starfleet-archer and co) and we will be giving domos and lots of free goodies.

Talk soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Wow, I already have a load of cards and would be willing to play for the craic. I would still take a couple of decks off you though :D, probably Borg and Dominion, as I don't have enough of them to play as a faction.

[edit] I haven't bought any in years, and don't have any Enterprise ones, do you happen to know anywhere in Dublin that still sells them?

Hey there Blowfish :D

Wow, great start! I knew of a few players up in Dublin who used play too.

I'm not sure if you can buy some in dublin at the moment, buy you can buy them online for a fraction of the price. There are boxes called Reflections 2.0 containing all sorts of cool foil cards that you can pick up for about 25 euro. Great for any starter player.

I'll send 2 decks to you too, no problem. The Borg are all about assimilating your opponents personnel for their own uses and also about tactic negation-they get hurt by an opponents card once, but when they face the same card again, they can adapt and overcome it! The Dominion can be either battle crazy or go on the sneaky side and start infiltrating the opponent (doing things like fixing random selections and giving disinformation etc).

Again, if you find more people that would want to play, then let me know and I will send you more.

How long ago did you buy those cards? It sounds like you might have cards belonging to what we call the "first edition" of the game. They revised the game in 2002 (Second Edition) with easier rules and its way more fun.

Just send me your address and i'll pop some goodies in the post :D I would love to see the game take off in Dublin...I have only been able to get the game active in Cork and Limerick since i'm from down there :)

Talk soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Hey, sorry about not getting back, had a busy week. Yeah its definitely the first edition that I have, are they compatible with the second edition? It would really suck if they didn´t as I have some pretty good ones.

If there are any other Dublin players, I wouldn´t mind having a few games with them anyway.

I just got off the phone to one of my players who will be moving to Dublin next month. I know of a few others up there too.

1st edition isn't compatible with second ed...the reason second edition came into being is that the game sort of collapsed under the huge number of rules, and it was too hard for newer players to get into the game. Second edition has 8 years of hindsight behind it, and is not only easier to learn, but a much better game...lay out your 5 missions, shuffle 2 decks and away we go :) After 1 demo game, you know about 90% of the rules, then you begin to understand the subtleties of each affiliation.

If by any chance you happen to be in Cork this weekend, we are having a booster draft. Quickest way to learn the game and a great atmosphere! And everyone will get some very exclusive cards thanks to my postman who arrived with a nice package last night :)

Otherwise, i'll pop a few decks in the post to you. Do you think you would have any interested friends?

Tony

Advertisement