Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple Savings accounts - good idea?

Options
  • 20-07-2006 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭

I have approximately 50k to invest. I am in college for at least another year. I see myself needing the money in about 2 years or so.

Northern Rock seems to be the best interest rate so I would think that would be the best place to put it all. However as the AIB and Anglo Irish Bank regular saver accounts offer better interest rates I was thinking of doing the following:

Allow interest to be calculated on the Northern Rock account on a monthly basis. Then after the interest has been calculated transfer the maximum amount allowable (€300 and €1000 respectively) to the other two regular saver accounts.

As far as I can see this would give me the greatest returns on the savings.

Am I right in thinking this and also does this sound like a good idea?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Advertisement