Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hilpers vs the rest

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Ya gotta give them credit for even thinking it'd work.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

This is so true. 911 mess up everything. The staff are mostly impolite and the place looks, smells and sounds like a garage or an engineer's workshop. The food is mank. Im not overly fussy about food hygiene but once one of the guys in there picked up a piece of lettuce he dropped and put it into the bag with my roll. Not even on the roll but just in the bag as some sort of two fingers! Probably by accident but still:confused:

Even when my mates are going on a study break there I usually bring food from the su-shop. Resteraunt is okay, but the best food on campus imo comes from O Briens in architecture.

Off campus (just about): the Montrose cannot be beaten, and for what you get, it is very very cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

InFront wrote:
    Off campus (just about): the Montrose cannot be beaten, and for what you get, it is very very cheap.
    ]

Seconded. Definitely the best within walking distance, though I see Spar on Foster's Ave/Roebuck Road now has a Supermacs to make all us country people feel at home :D

As regards who I'd like to see Hilpers kicked out in favour of...not necessarily any particular chain so much as any cafe with decent food at decent prices, and more than just sandwiches thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

InFront wrote:
    This is so true. 911 mess up everything. The staff are mostly impolite and the place looks, smells and sounds like a garage or an engineer's workshop. The food is mank. Im not overly fussy about food hygiene but once one of the guys in there picked up a piece of lettuce he dropped and put it into the bag with my roll. Not even on the roll but just in the bag as some sort of two fingers! Probably by accident but still:confused:

They are really rude but it makes me laugh.i think they should capitalise on their rudness...It works for wonkees in China town In London,where people go to eat their cos the waiters are so incredibly rude.I particularly like the fact that they really are particularly obnoxious to humberto..tis quite funny.

I would not have survived first year without the montrose.Lovely dins just like mum would make them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I haven't been to the Montrose for my food I'll definitely keep that in mind for next year.

The people in 911, are chancers especially the guys at the juice counter.

• Advertisement

You know who's lovely is the lady in the terrace SU shop, she hated the teac from the machine as much as the studentts so she told the guy who restocks it there was something wrong with the tea dispenser and instead you get lyons tea bags. Proper work there!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

The food in the Forum is sometimes pretty good. Don't realy go to the student bar. But somewhere decent to get something to eat close to the arts block would be lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

How about a big mcdonalds where the lake is. Pumping out unhealty goodies .

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I want some kind of caffeine delivery system in the CS building. We need our caffeine to live!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

If you're brave you could raid the coffee machine in the post grad coffee area. ;)

• Advertisement

You have such a thing? God you lot are spoilt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

You know who's lovely is the lady in the terrace SU shop, she hated the teac from the machine as much as the studentts so she told the guy who restocks it there was something wrong with the tea dispenser and instead you get lyons tea bags. Proper work there!

She is just the nicest isnt she!When the terrace is no more (sheds tear) we should defo all get her a pressie cos she is just so nice and happy even when your having a rotten day...she always brightens up my day:)

I used have such great chats with here about the most random of things, and she always knew i'd be in on a friday morning for my bottle of water, paper and elevenses bar, it was fun.

irlrobins wrote:
    If you're brave you could raid the coffee machine in the post grad coffee area. ;)
    Tempting, but having one downstairs (in/near our labs) would be really nice! :p

Tempting, but having one downstairs (in/near our labs) would be really nice! :p
    If you like I could fetch you a cup and bring it down to you? You could msn me whenever you need a refill. I just hate to see the poor ickle interns having to walk up a flight of stairs to get their own coffee. They have much more important things to do. :p

lol :p
    I mean more during term... when we're living in the labs close to project deadlines living on chocolate, coke and coffee.

Yea I think every term the students pitch for a vending machine for the building. Think it gets turned down as a security risk or something. So the usual solution is someone bring in a kettle and setting up a tea/coffee station.

Hmm, may have to do that. And acquire the suitably-large amounts of sugar required to go with late-term caffeine delivery systems for maximum wakefulness.

Advertisement