Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

offers, results

Options
  • 20-07-2006 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭

wondering when the cao offers and lc results are out...not doing it myself :P just curious and cant find it online...though i can find out about 2003's results :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭belinea06

just wonderin if u get accepted for ur 1st choice and u want to do the 2nd. how would u go about that - can u refuse the 1st and get offered for the 2nd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

belinea06 wrote:
    just wonderin if u get accepted for ur 1st choice and u want to do the 2nd. how would u go about that - can u refuse the 1st and get offered for the 2nd?

As far as I know if you get your first choice then you can only get an offer for that. Automatically all the choices under that get wiped out. Although if you applied for level 7 and level 8 courses then you can get two offers; one from each level.

I have a question though: If you don't get your first choice, and accept the offer for your second choice, what happens if you end up getting the points in the second round points for your first choice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Nothing afaik. Once you accept an offer CAO removes you from it's calculations. ThIt's one odf the ways that second round offers can be made, for instance if i get a level 8 and a level 7 offer, and i accept the level 8 then in the next round they have another place to offer in the level 7

belinea06: if you want to do your second choice more than your first, then you should have made that one your first. It's sort of how the system works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Raphael wrote:
    Nothing afaik. Once you accept an offer CAO removes you from it's calculations. ThIt's one odf the ways that second round offers can be made, for instance if i get a level 8 and a level 7 offer, and i accept the level 8 then in the next round they have another place to offer in the level 7
    Luckily they're not that cruel - if you're offered a lower course on your list, and it subsequently turns out that you're eligible for something higher up, they will then offer you the highest course possible on your list regardless of whether you had already accepted your lower preference. They have a good explanation of this on pg 17 of the CAO handbook.
    belinea06 wrote:
    Fraid not. If for example you get your 3rd choice, then it's possible you'll be offered your 2nd or 1st later on, but you are immediately removed from the records for the courses lower down.

• Advertisement
Advertisement