Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good band for wedding in galway

Options
  • 20-07-2006 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

Gettin hitched next year! Need a great band for the wedding any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!

Considering the following have ye heard anything about them:

Weightless Astronauts (brilliant live band)
    The Conquerors
    Streetwise
    Deja Vu
    Oyster Boys
    Raindance
    KIF
    Face Value

Its a big wedding with lots of great singers, so i need a band that wouldnt mind lettin one or two up to sing.

And if theyre a great band i wont need a dj maybe i am taking a risk with this.

Any clue of the cost of bands?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

What time of year are you getting married?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Should try Pyramid. Great fun

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I have been to 6 christmas parties in Galway and Pyrmaid has played all of them :D They're a good band but probably dear. OP, you'll find them in Kings or 903 if you want to ask them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭galwaygirleen

Im getting married September next year totally forgot about pyramid another class galway band.

What type of music are you interested in? My fathers in a wedding band called Silkwood. And for an extra cost, he would provide the dj'ing himself, but you'd be better off getting more information from them.

www.silkwoodlive.com is their website if you are interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Was about to suggest Silkwood. They've played at a couple of my friends weddings.

One of the weddings they did had a uge amount of local musicians at it, and the band had no problems with people coming up and joining them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

my mates dad is the drummer in Face Value and i think their brill. They really get the crowd going at functions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

A really good band, i think in Galway at the mo, is the Roll Models, they can play any request you give them, and i think are fairly cheap.

ok the band we wanted (really) weightless astronauts are booked!!

if ye have any contact numbers for any bands would be greatly appreciated, gettin a bit worried now!! so guys and girlz please help this poor bride to be!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

The Oyster Boys in Clarinbridge are very good. They are from from the Forde Family. They ha ve no problem with other people singing or playing instruments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Weightless Astronauts would be my first choice, followed by the Lewd Tunes.

/Guitarist in a wedding band in Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭5times

What type of music are you interested in? My fathers in a wedding band called Silkwood. And for an extra cost, he would provide the dj'ing himself, but you'd be better off getting more information from them.

www.silkwoodlive.com is their website if you are interested.

That's funny . I am good mates with Kevin Keeley ( I used to work with him in Galway ) but I live in Sydney now . They are a perfect wedding band . Everyone will have a ball .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Raindance

They played at our wedding last December. They were superb. Ollie also did the DJ afterwards. I cannot recommend these guy's highly enough.

Tried booking Weightless Astronauts they were our first choice already booked. Then we tried Face Value and you guessed it they're booked.

I have rang the conquerors and waiting for them to get back to me.
    Going to see Raindance this weekend! Also going to see Fraggle Rock on the 19th so because we have heard such great things about these guys we have them provisionally booked.

We have secured Johnny Burke for the dj so im really happy about that.

Has anybody heard anything about Fraggle Rock?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

I think they play in the Olde Brewery in Oranmore the odd time. They are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 vig

raindance are a top class wedding band but are pretty hard to get
    http://raindancelive.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

OP, all the bands in your first post are very good, but will charge you through the nose, easily 2K. Try the roll models, as said, great wedding musicians, and fairly cheap in comparison, but if you've got the money to spend, try the Guinness Jazz band. They're all old guys, dead classy, great wedding music, fairly dear, but there's enough of them to do two or three gigs at a time. Silkwood are another one I was going to suggest too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 dajoy

Tried booking Weightless Astronauts they were our first choice already booked. Then we tried Face Value and you guessed it they're booked.

I have rang the conquerors and waiting for them to get back to me.
    Going to see Raindance this weekend! Also going to see Fraggle Rock on the 19th so because we have heard such great things about these guys we have them provisionally booked.

We have secured Johnny Burke for the dj so im really happy about that.

Has anybody heard anything about Fraggle Rock?

Why dont you book the dublin city ramblers. I have them booked for my wedding next month. Went to see them a couple of times and people dont get off the floor. They will also get people in the crowd up on stage to sing and play. Some people think because they are well known they will be expensive. Not true. cheaper than any band i priced. Write back and I will forward you a number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 westsoft

Discovery and Dejavu I've seen play at weddings and they're both very good.. they play in the Spanish arche and Salthill Hotel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 petermartyn1

What time of year are you getting married?

http://www.silkwoodband.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Necro/pimp/whateva

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement