Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Suggest some mods...

Options
  • 20-07-2006 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭

Ok I'm looking for a few tasteful suggestions for modifications to my Celica 190
    dsc003789dc.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I have a set of these lined up to go on soon...
    0005toyotacelicaprojectorbkiu6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Do you want show or go?If its the latter id be loosing those 18's for a start.Car looks abit like its on stilts so maby look at suspension next.

Do you want to go down the bodykit route?If so MAKE SURE you stick with plastic kits or lips,fibreglass is the biggest pain in the arse unless the cars being tow'd on a trailer

Well I'm not interested in "Cruises" and rallying the f*ck outa my car - i want it to look good, I'll keep the racing to the tracks. I'm getting it lowered soon and I'm also getting some new brake discs and calipers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭bo-bo

imho jdm styling is the way forward. simple stuff looks best

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Although Im not mad into modding cars, I agree that its best not to go OTT. If it was me, id probably put 17 rims max with good tyres and have it dropped say 20 - 30mm from standard. Side splitters, hugh scoups etc would be too much in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

a nice veilside bodykit!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

SaxoDuff wrote:
    a nice veilside bodykit!

i second this ive seen a few there very nice
    http://www.fcautostyling.com/Celica1Black.htmlCelica1Black002.JPG

you thought about your inside ?

how about a few carbon pieces ?

respray perhaps ?

what about ur budget ?

carbon cannards if you can get hold of them imo

ive never seen a wide arch one. you could make a savage car

and ye i fully support fc autostyling . theres brillent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Agressive kits work well on them celicas ie the picture above,just get onto your bank manager if your getting it done by Finbar,work cant be faulted but you'l pay thru the nose for it!

You see I don't have a budget for the project so I can do what I want and because of this I've been thinking recently of just getting a 05/06 Celica GT instead of putting money into my 190. It has a kit already on it and it looks well.

toyota_celica_gt_09_06_05.jpg

If I keep the 190 though I'm not gonna change my wheels though, I just got those 18s fitted 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

change the car :) get the gt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

That GT is very pretty.

How about a carbon fibre front splitter for your own? A subtle one, mind!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Mr.B

This post got my interest up in the Celica GT which I knew nothing about. I drive a MkV Gti. So, just rang my local Toyota Dealer and he told me that The Celica in any form is no longer available in Ireland. It's been discontinued. He reckons from such low sales. Thought that was a bit mad. I've seen plenty of them about, but obviously not enough for Toyota to make a wad of money from.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

Yea the Celica was discontinued in 05. Their just focusing on the high volume car sales I think (yaris, avensis, corolla etc). I had heard that they have a sister company though, Scion, that will still be making all the 'niche' cars... rumours have it the new Supra will be a Scion, but dont quote me on that :)

Roumours of a new Supra have been tormenting us for years, I dunno if they will bring one out, They do need something to combat the 350z and RX-8 though, and with the new Skyline GTR coming out soon and the Skyline 350GT already in Production in Japan Toyota would really want to get their finger out...

The Celica GT is a real beauty, it's true that Celica sales stopped in 05 in Ireland and even today sales for 2nd hand Celica's are very, very slow... Pick a car on carzone and look every few days.... the car will be there for months! It's for this reason that Toyota never brought in the high spec Celicas, because if they can't sell a 140bhp car, they'd be hard pushed to sell a 190bhp model!

Advertisement