Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackberry 7130g

• 21-07-2006 1:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

I'm seriously thinking of getting one of these.

I have a K750i and don't use any of the media features, and since I get massive amount of email, I figure it's a good change over.

Has anyone used one yet?
    I tried one out last week, but a rep from RIM was showing it to me so naturally he was real enthuastic about it, but I'd like to hear the word on the street, before I commit myself to one.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I have its big brother the 8707v. I love my Blackberry, saves me loads of hassle in work and has averted many a crisis. There very thin on the ground feature wise though. Even the bluetooth only supports headsets and car kits (no data).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

Has any network released this yet or does anyone know who is and when?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Voda are waiting on stock ATM

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I got two 7130v on Thursday - nice units , nicer than the 7100v, screen has improved and there are more inbuilt themes than before. Seems to look like its a classier device. I haven't activated mine yet . I notice that theres a slip of paper in with it telling you that it can only use a particluare type of battery.

Other slight chnage is that it comes with a holster which has a flap rather than the open ended jobby that came with the 7100v (and x)

But remember its a productivity device which is great for email, calendaring and scheduling but not so good in terms of the media functions of the K750i eg mp3 or camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

parsi wrote:
    But remember its a productivity device which is great for email, calendaring and scheduling but not so good in terms of the media functions of the K750i eg mp3 or camera.

Thats the thing I don't use the media features, well 3 photos in 2 months using the radio once or twice when my ipod has died, so I think it's a better option, although I was lookign at it today in an O2 store and they seem to have tweaked the software..

Having said that it's still a sweet little unit.

EDIT: sorry to be editing, but opinion has changed after a good play on it

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I'd be surprised if O2 butchered the software. I set up my vodafone one today and not only is the default theme acceptable (unlike the 7100v) but it also comes with a few other nice themes which make it look totally unlike the 7100.

I notice that the broswer seems to be faster (going through our work proxy) and Opera Mini looks well on it (download from opera site).

One nice thing I notice is that if you go to send an email you can type directly into the address field and it will do a lookup from your address book eg start typeing pa and it will give you pats and parsi and paris etc. Before you had to scroll through the address book and select the desired one.

Admittedly I hadn't looked at it for long, but the origonally software allowed you to split the inbox's for different mail account's and also for SMS's edit; (this is available but needs to be set up by going int the settings, and it for some reason under settings). It's part of the BIS 2.0 software, from what I could see, it seemed to be back to one single inbox for everything.

The mene system was also the same as the 7100, where as the RIM default software had a much more simplified menu on the stantby screen.

I'll call into Vodafone and see what they have to offer with the 7130V, I'm guessing there us very little difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Another option you could consider for "push email" is an i-mode phone. It's even available on o2 prepay, so there is no subscription! It's free to receive unlimited emails (even with images attached), and 15 cents to send emails.

It's what I use, and I'm really happy with it. Email is generally "pushed" to the phone between 3 and 10 seconds after it is sent! Only negative thing is that the i-mode phones o2 offers don't have QWERTY keyboards like the blackberry does, but it is a lot more affordable.

Another option you could consider for "push email" is an i-mode phone. It's even available on o2 prepay, so there is no subscription! It's free to receive unlimited emails (even with images attached), and 15 cents to send emails.

Thanks for the suggestion, I've used imode in the past and to be honest found it good, I didn't really use the email on it though. The problem is that my primary email account is a .Mac account and I can't automatically forward the emails onto an O2imail account. Also I average 700 to 1000 emails a week so I am looking for a dedicated email device.

But as I've said I am quite impressed with the imode service.

Advertisement