Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Bank

Options
  • 21-07-2006 2:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

Okay there's a Business/Economy/Finance section but I'm scared to post that there incase it's the wrong place.... :o

Anyway, I've tried to avoid banks for as long as I possible could and I'm joining a bank for the first time tomorow [opening a bank account] and just wondering what do ye think is the best bank out there based on personal experience.

Best bank? 19 votes

TSB
    0%
    Bank Of Ireland
    31%
    eclectichoneyomahaidfightin irishDonkeyStyle \o/bikoSauce 6 votes
    AIB
    36%
    SupercellRuu_OldZhanemuppetkillerstepbarnuttzBlack Swan 7 votes
    Ulster Bank
    15%
    irishguyRbnando 3 votes
    Other
    15%
    tuxyLB6Hitchhiker's Guide to... 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ST*

ThrownAway wrote:
    Okay there's a Business/Economy/Finance section but I'm scared to post that there incase it's the wrong place.... :o

Best thing to do is PM the mod in question and find out if it is the right forum.

TSB, and NIB are offering free-banking (off the top of my head). AIB will too, with certain conditions though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

Free banking as in free to open an account and not have monet stolen from me? :D

ThrownAway wrote:
    Free banking as in free to open an account and not have monet stolen from me? :D

You have a 'monet' ? :eek:

*Jealous*

I wouldn't trust them with it either. Robbing bastards. Back to the matress with that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

What in God's name is a monet :eek:
    but yes I have one ;)

I always thought Bank Of Ireland was the best for some reason I just hope they won't bombard me with all these scary offers...

ThrownAway wrote:
    What in God's name is a monet :eek:
    but yes I have one ;)

You did not just say that.
    ThrownAway wrote:
    I always thought Bank Of Ireland was the best for some reason I just hope they won't bombard me with all these scary offers...

You don't have to accept them. We all get them. It was a good idea to ask about this if it is your first time banking.

The golden words for the average earning Joe is 'free banking'. You want that, if you can get it. Just don't tell them you don't know what a Monet is. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,245 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

AIB
    Bus fin et al forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

AIB
    Clearly a money issue, could have put it in Investment/Markets/Money. I always found BOI to be the best, go in and chat to a representative there, they will advise you on which account is best for you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I have no idea. I use Permanent TSB, does the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

from AH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭HDX

Rabodirect

• Advertisement
Advertisement