Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Operator Settings listings - are some out of date?

• 21-07-2006 9:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I noticed when programming in some of the settings from the Irish Operator Settings sticky link for O2, that I simply can't seem to get some of them to work:

CSD WAP: the phone number listed, +353868106040, seems to connect but not locate any WAP pages. I had to use the following instead for CSD WAP:

Dial up number: +353866066020
    Username: register@o2.ie
    Prompt password: no

I don't know if I'm now getting charged regular O2 rates and not WAP rates for that, though. Has anyone else had any problems working with the +353868106040 number? O2 support give me the 6066020 number, though they said I didn't need the username/pw. It didn't work until I used the above, though.

Also, for GPRS WAP, I can connect to it but it can't locate any WAP page I throw at it - I'm using the V1240 phone and can't figure out where to put: Gateway IP address: 192.168.090.074. I've tried putting it in the 'IP address' link but then WAP can't connect.

The Internet (APN: pp.internet) settings seem to work but I suspect I'm not going through WAP then!

Just wondering...

Comments

Your phone might be WAP 2.0 only. In that case the 192.168.90.74:9201 access point doesn't work, you need to use 62.40.32.40 port 8080 instead.

I'd say the CSD numbers are probaby being phased out alright, can't remember the last time the Meteor one worked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

OP, have you tried Nokia support for your settings? You can send them directly to your phone there or from the O2 website under Personal->Services->Messaging and then Settings to the right of the page there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

My phone's a Vodafone V1240 (brought over from the UK - same as the Qtek 8310 / i-mate SP5). I tried the following under IP address:

192.168.90.74:9201
    62.40.32.40:8080

None of these gets me past the 'Connecting...' displayed on my screen, although if I create a Proxy entry (and put the same details for GPRS as the original page, ie username/pw/Primary DNS=0.0.0.0 and add in one of the above, I get the message below also). If I leave the IP address blank, it gets to 'Locating...' but then fails with:

"The page cannot be found"...

I think I'm close, since it gets to Locating... Not to worry, I can make do with CSD WAP for now!

Are you using the correct access point? For prepaid it's pp.wap.o2.ie and for postpay it's wap.dol.ie

I'm using the correct settings for SpeakEasy (I double-checked, to be sure). The odd thing with this phone is that it seems to require the above number to be put in as a proxy (the 62.40...) - if I set it as the IP Address, the browser refuses to even connect! I noticed from Damo86's Vodafone settings that Vodafone didn't set up GPRS WAP on their V1240, only GPRS Internet and CSD WAP. Makes me wonder...

• Advertisement

The IP address should be set to Automatic or equivalent, that's the IP of your phone, not the remote server (which is the proxy).

I find it highly unlikely that it doesn't support GPRS WAP, that would be insanity in this day and age.

EDIT: Unless the phone uses the ISP APN for WAP too. But I'd find it unlikely since RTG customers wouldn't be able to use WAP since Vodafone don't allow prepaid ISP access.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

when talking to timeout on the previous thread there was a wap setting, its the basic wap not live! settings are just apn: wap.vodafone.ie, user name: vodafone, pass: vodafone, timeout said that there is no proxy
    i've been talking to other forums about this issue, its not just us dont understand why its not working.i'm gonna have a bash with a o2 settings to give a hand i might sort it out

Cheers, Damo86 & Karsini.

There are so many settings to play with on this phone that I often wonder when I get one working, whether the rest then continue to work ;) (True - I managed to kill my MMS settings for a few days until I realized I had inadvertently started putting the MMS settings through a proxy! Crazy...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭StephenC_IRL

GPRS :

Access point : pp.wap.o2.ie
    Username : user
    Password : user123
    IP Address : Automatic
    Primary DNS : 62.40.32.33
    Alternat DNS : 62.40.32.24
    Homepage : wml://wap.o2.ie
    MMS Gateway : 192.168.90.74
    MMS Centre : mms://mmsc.mms.o2.ie

CSD :