Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long is long enough?

Options
  • 21-07-2006 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭

How long did you all think about getting your tattoo before actually getting it done?

I'm thinking about getting a brand done atm. I've been thinking about it (fairly seriously) for a few months now and I still like the idea. I'd hate to be pissed off a year from now that I got one done though. How long is long enough to know that you're gonna want it permanently?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

i have a six-month rule with myself - i make a note of an idea and then of i still like it six months later i think it's fair game. for my first tattoo i think i stuck with the idea for a year beforehand though. i guess it varies from person to person, like years vs. hours, but i think a few months is a happy medium.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

For my first (and only) one, it took me the best part of a year. Got it in January and knew straight away I was going to get another one. I still waited this long though just to be sure and I'm not getting it for another month, maybe two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Rich_Why

I've been wanting to get one done for months. I've been thinking about a sleeve from my shoulder to just below my elbow. So that will be a big tat, so I'm not just going to put any old ****e on it. I have a lot of ideas but can't make my mind up! Plus I'm sure a tat that size is going to cost me a bit! A bit I don't have. Anyone any ideas how much a sleeve the size I've described would cost to get done?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

I've been thinking about the back piece I'm going to start soon for about a year, and the piece on my arm which is gradually turning into a sleeve I thought about for a year before I got it done too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭obrien_pa

It's a personal thing really. I was 21 when I got my first tat, but waited 3 years before getting another one. I've now got several done in a much shorter timeframe. The main thing is not to have any doubts at all about a design/image before getting it done.

RichWhy, the cost of your sleeve will depend on the intricacy of the design (e.g. celtic tats take longer than most because of the detail, they can therefore cost more.) If you have a high threshold for pain, you could do a couple of long sittings and it would probably then be done quicker and cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

I've been thinking of getting a tattoo for a few years now, but I've been thinkng seriously now for about 4 months. I know exactly what tat i want just still cant decide on where on my body to put it...

Advertisement