Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Damn Vehiclecenter

Options
  • 21-07-2006 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭

folks

Any of you who have tried to sell a car on Carzone (and other sites) will know this company. they called me within a few hours of putting my car up to say they had 5 buyers all willing to pay my asking price. I knew about the company so i told them I would check out their company with the companies register and call them back, naively thinking this would put them off. Anyway they keep bloody ringing - last time I just lost the rag completely an told them that I thought it was a scam - the guy acted all shocked that their site offered an guarantee blah blah. I told them that there was a lot on the internet about people with bad experiences. He said that there was nothing outside of their legitimate website. I beg to differ:

http://www.blagger.com/db4/company_id/3321/companyname/Vehiclecenter.html

Just a heads up to expect calls from this company if you put your car up for sale. (In fairness Carzone warn you about them when you sign up)

Baz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You should have done a search here. You would have found Bluehair's solution :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Bluehair's solution FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

unkel wrote:
    You should have done a search here. You would have found Bluehair's solution :D
    Absolute class!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

that's classic, dont know how I missed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Ah shucks i thought that was forgotton about already :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Obviously not, well done by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Send poo-filled envelopes to:

Registrant's address:
    10 friern barnet lane
    barnet, london
    N11 3LX
    GB

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

hahaha, if you have a look at the source code of their website, the username/password forms don't do anything whatsoever. There's no <FORM> tag in there at all.
    such a ****ing bogus shop-front template piece of crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭fletch

TheBazman wrote:
    last time I just lost the rag completely an told them that I thought it was a scam - the guy acted all shocked that their site offered an guarantee blah blah.
    He did the same thing when I told him I wasn't interested in his scam....couldn't believe the cheek of him....he started going on about how honest he was....mid sentence I just yelled "Ah yeh...now F#@K OFF!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Sure they told me they were gonna sew half the irish websites etc for saying they were scammers and they all these Irish sites were robbing their customers.... I said "you're a UK company" and he said yes, but we have clients nationwide - I had to explain to the moron that Ireland wasn't part of the UK and he argued with me.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 x w62CE t4<D@C

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Nice job Bluehair. Your next mission, should you choose to accept it, is to get one of these twats to send you some wood carvings.

Thanks for the link, haven't seen that site in years. Here's another good one. It involves Father Bateyoo Reelgud, Father Ron Jeremy and Father Gill T. Azcharged, all priests in The Church of Fish and Bread :D

tope3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Hmmm... i've had another idea.... I may be selling the Bmw 323 in a few months once i've replaced the rover so will work this out in time for them to call again.

Not saying anything for the moment but suffice it to say it will require a cast, a gun, some audio recording equipment and a somewhat morbid sense of humour! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I'm in for it now.

Just had a phone call from Vehiclecenter. I get the usual guff off your wan about having buyers lined up and I just say "I've heard about you and I don't want to deal with you".

She goes mental.

"THATS MOTORMATCH! CHECK YOUR FACTS BEFORE YOU SLAG US OFF! I'LL DO YOU FOR SLANDER" *click*

There you have it folks, I await the solicitors letter with a grim sense of foreboding.

Seriously though, I would have thought if you were pulling a scam that you'd be better off remaining calm during the process and attempting to use some coercion and persuasion instead of flying off the handle and hanging up.

Advertisement