Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre Optic?

Options
  • 21-07-2006 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

'In Cork County 15 locations have been approved for the laying of fibre optic cable thus revolutionising the development potential of these towns by ensuring fast reliable and secure broadband internet access'.

The above is taken from the Cork County Council website. Two of the towns mentioned are Carrigaline and Ringaskiddy. I live exactly half way between these two towns in a relatively rural area. The distance between the two towns is three and a half miles. Can anyone tell me whether, in their opinion, it is possible that the fibre optic cable would extend the distance between the two or would it be confined within the limits of these two towns.

Have been unable to get information on this anywhere else despite numerous enquiries. At this stage it would appear to be my only hope of getting broadband now or in the future.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

It's not likely to help you. The fibre will be for enterprise customers or at best allowing the exchange(s) to be unbundled.

Advertisement