Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heartbreak & Triumph

• 21-07-2006 12:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭

Heartbreak & Trumph is Shawn Michaels Autobiography. I've just finished reading It and I think it's awesome. Has anyone else her read it? Did you like it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Yeah its good enough,I laughed at the part at what he wrote on that girls jacket :p Foleys are still the best though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭Ragdoll742

Haha, yeah that was awesome lol
    I've never read foleys, I have to get it.

I thought the montreal chapter was good, because it gives you the full story , rather than the half baked theories going around the net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

The Montreal chapter in Shawns book is seemily another half baked attempt at what actually happened. Maybe thats how Shawn remembers it but he was living quite the hard life at that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The most interesting autobiography of them all would be one by Vince McMahon. Every major event in wrestling has involved him at some point.

An honest, straight-shooting book by him would be brilliant. Can't see it happening though but I do recall Foley mentioning something about the idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

JR's doing one, isn't he? That would be nearly as interesting as Vince's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I've read it and it was quite good.

Not as good as Foleys, Flairs or Eddies.

Better than Rocks, Austins and Hogans though.

Regals is next on my list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Regals book is really really good.

I think the most underated WWE book is Kurt Angles. It did nt sell to well at the time but its realy interesting and written very well. There are loads of cheap paperback copies of it on amazon.

Just one more book that I liked was the Death of WCW by Brian Alaarez and RD Reynolds. Its selling hugely and really gets to grip with what happened with WCW in an entertaining way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Yeah, Regal's book is excellent. I liked the way it was kind of easier to connect with him, because he's from a culture much more similar to ours than most of the other wrestlers who have written books

I remember people giving out that Kurt's was obviously ghostwritten because he came across as a real cocky bastard at times in it. I think that's just the way he is!

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Yeah heartbreak and triumph is a good read alright. At the end of the day though 'Have a nice day' was the best wrestler autobiography. Foley is good wasn't, eh hem, that good though.

I must stress though how bad I thought the rocks book was. Half of it was written as if he was in character! Whats up with that?! And another thing to take into consideration is the fact that he was only in WWF a few years at that stage and thus should have waited another few years before deciding to write a biography.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

im currently reading ric flairs:to be the man.although not written by him its a fairly good read so far.shawns is next on the list....
    O and i agree that it would be awesome if vince wrote one aswell based on encounters with various superstars etc and his take on the business etc,it would have to be 100% true though which i think could be hard for vince...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I have Angles aswell. Is a good read alright.

I'd put it on a par with Shawns.

Advertisement