Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Question re Penalty Points expiring

Options
  • 21-07-2006 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭

Hi I wonder if anyone can help me out in a query I have.

I was caught speeding back around April 2003 and got two points. (seems like yesterday :eek: )

The two points were added to my Licence in July of that year, I am not sure of the exact date, so they should be coming off this month. Does anybody know if you get a notification that the points are coming off your licence or do you just accept it that it will be done.

It would be nice to know for definate that they have been taken off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Cushtie wrote:
    Hi I wonder if anyone can help me out in a query I have.

I was caught speeding back around April 2003 and got two points. (seems like yesterday :eek: )

The two points were added to my Licence in July of that year, I am not sure of the exact date, so they should be coming off this month. Does anybody know if you get a notification that the points are coming off your licence or do you just accept it that it will be done.

It would be nice to know for definate that they have been taken off.

Use the search facility. This topic has been covered in the last few days in full.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Bluetonic wrote:
    Use the search facility. This topic has been covered in the last few days in full.

Thanks, I had a look at some previous threads. seems like I have to contact either my Local Tax office or the Dept of Transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

I got a letter stating that I was pointless after the 3yrs (3 and a half really) was over

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

ando wrote:
    I got a letter stating that I was pointless after the 3yrs (3 and a half really) was over
    erm, no. they last for 3 years - no more, no less!
    The fact that they are applied a while after the offence (what I presume you mean by the half year) is irrelevant as you have not got the points at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

ando wrote:
    I got a letter stating that I was pointless

Priceless :D:D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement