Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to link up 3 networks DSL

Options
  • 21-07-2006 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

im doing a networking job for my boss. he owns a few businesses and wants to link up the security camera's till system and payroll system into one building. he has just got an eircom business DSL line. there will be 5 computers in the main office. once will have server 2003 on it. what way do you think would be the best approach to networking this up?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Are all three business in the one building? Does the main office serve all three businesses? Are the payroll, camera and till systems currently on their own networks? Are there separate payroll, camera and till systems for each business, or are they all the one?

In the end, what do you want to accomplish?

You need to fill in some of the blanks here, and tell us how you're currently set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

each business is in a different part of the town. at the moment the camera's payroll and till are seperate. they all have their own office. but now they are moving the office to one business and joining up all three together. in the end we will want to be able to access the camera's, tills, payroll of all 3 companies from the one place. all the software have networking capabilities. would it be best to stream it all online or does eircom business DSL let me use a VPN. i havent got that much info on it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Jaoibh

inode wrote:
    im doing a networking job for my boss. he owns a few businesses and wants to link up the security camera's till system and payroll system into one building. he has just got an eircom business DSL line. there will be 5 computers in the main office. once will have server 2003 on it. what way do you think would be the best approach to networking this up?

cheers

Simple

Install 2003 server in the office install VPN on it.
    then ask eircom for a static IP any other site connects to the VPN bingo they have access to the network simple job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

cheers bud

Advertisement