Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full Metal Panic? FUMOFFU

Options
  • 21-07-2006 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭

Been meaning to download the second season of full metal panic for a while, is Full Metal Panic? FUMOFFU the name of the second season? Its not like downloading most anime where the number of the eps just keeps going up instead it changes back to ep one but just different name for each season i think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

FUMOFFU is something different I think, The Second Raid (TSR) is the second season although I'm open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

Fumoffu is a spin off series, in a way. Its more comedy then action, as no mechs make an appearence in the series. Its set in the high school where Chidori and Sagara attend and is very funny, worth getting. However, it does nothing to extend the story from the first series, to do that you need to get The Second Raid. It does do alot of character development though and is an official part of the story time line.

Out of the 3 series, Fumoffu is my fave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Cosine

Are you sure its part of the story?
    Sagara does alot of running around with guns and explosives and none of the other students bat an eyelid. I figured it was just the director/animators having a laugh with the characters

Yea, what you said is true, but the stories used in the Fumoffu episodes are actually taken from the Full Metal Panic novels, and although they are done in a more comedic way to the othes, they are taken from the original story line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Damn I havnt watched Full Metal Panic in ages - loved Fumoffu :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

I just got the entire FUMOFFU series on DVD and its a great laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I think Fumoffu is set between Full Metal Panic, and Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid, as I think there was a reference to Fumoffu in The Second Raid.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Ive seen most of Fumoffu in a mates gaff so i know its totally different type of storyline, i might even prefer it to the first series. So Fumoffu is the, maybe a lot different, but second series. I thought it might have been something differnet altogether :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Buttermilk

When I first saw that at Eirtakon in DCU I cracked myself laughing! I thought it was insanelly hilarious, I watched the rest in my friends house and found that the later episodes are not as funny as the earlier ones...

Buttermilk wrote:
    When I first saw that at Eirtakon in DCU I cracked myself laughing! I thought it was insanelly hilarious, I watched the rest in my friends house and found that the later episodes are not as funny as the earlier ones...

I dunno, I enjoyed the whole lot, even the extra episodes in the dvd set. I don't remember at any point thinking "This isn't as good as it used to be..."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Cosine

Personally I thought that it was all brilliantly funny :D Each story is crazy in a different way. lol like the yakuza one

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

Cosine wrote:
    Personally I thought that it was all brilliantly funny :D Each story is crazy in a different way. lol like the yakuza one

Yup. I don't think I had ever laughed that hard in an anime up until that point.

Full Metal Panic - Fumoffu - The Second Raid: the facts

Fumoffu is series 2, The Second Raid is series 3.

The events in Fumoffu draw from the original stories, and feature heavily in the manga. Fumoffu occurs at the same time as the events in the original TV series - it is not a re-invention or a spin-off, but fumoffu events kind of run between the end of the kidnap arc, right up to the showdown on the De Danaan. In the manga, volumes 1-5 take you up to the end of the colossus arc (DVD 3), manga 6-8 is pure fumoffu-style silliness, and 9 resolves it out. But fumoffu events are scattered through the first few volumes too.

The second raid takes place about 6 months after Kaname & Sousuke meet. They follow on from a different set of novels, and there is a second manga series that illustrates the events too (FMP! Sigma). I don't think its licensed, and I am not sure if it was scanlated, but it just had a short run and it is now complete.

Advertisement