Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Don't Care......

Options
  • 21-07-2006 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭

....that there's been a lot of posts on Solar and Wood Pellet and that there's sticky's dedicated to them.
    I'm just not happy about the whole thing.

I starting a self build (holds gun to head) and I just can't get my head around what system to go for. I read every thread on the Boards and all the other boards and blogs and I've been on suppliers websites and while there's information there I just would like to hear of some personal experiences on what other people are doing / have done.
    Has anyone installed solar?
    How well does it work?
    How hot does the water really get?

Wood Pellet -
    Has anyone installed this system?
    Is it worth the installation cost?
    Are Balcas currently the only suppliers (bulk) of pellets.

At the moment I'm considering a combined solar / wood pellet system. Min 300L dual coil tank. I've read different stories and gauge that the solar heats the water to between 30 - 40 degrees. Good enough to shower.
    The plan is to have the solar heat the water in the tank and for the Wood pellet to boost when required.

Anyone else thinking this way?
    Any opinions on solar - Wood Pellet?

Advertisement