Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Street

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

carlowboy wrote:
    Just stop trolling, mkay?
    trolling? never.

I'm commenting on what a bunch o' prats that seem to be around here at the moment, and are too pussy to admit to what they have done wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Thursday*

Also, while we're talking about the street, but is it just me, or does the coffee machine there give more than any of the others?

Ah lads seriously.............................:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

trolling? never.

I'm commenting on what a bunch o' prats that seem to be around here at the moment, and are too pussy to admit to what they have done wrong.
    I think these "pussies" have admitted why the Street has been banned. You just want to start a ****fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

Hmm...methinks this thread is getting a bit pointless. I'd say it should be locked, but then it's the only one showing any signs of life. When did this board get so dull?

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭JenLorigan

About Christmas... It died for a bit before, but not to quite this extent.

Fear not, by the end of the session it'll be teeming with noobies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Shellie13

my god lads...
    this is disgraceful...
    back in the good ol days things were different i tell ya...

Shellie13 wrote:
    my god lads...
    this is disgraceful...
    back in the good ol days things were different i tell ya...

Michelle had sex on a couch....*

*Probably not true

carlowboy wrote:
    I think these "pussies" have admitted why the Street has been banned. You just want to start a ****fight.
    someone is a tad angry

someone is a tad angry
    Why would I be angry? I had my fun on the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

This is funny, first time in a long time I've popped in.

/grabs Popcorn.

/drama

• Advertisement

carlowboy wrote:
    Why would I be angry? I had my fun on the street.
    Well you seem to be easily riled up anyways

Yeah, whatever you say.....

A ****fight is good fun but if there's one on this forum, we'll all be banned to hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

carlowboy wrote:

A ****fight is good fun but if there's one on this forum, we'll all be banned to hell.
    Bingo must have been cancelled this week :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

The administration seems to have become much stricter since my time. Kinda makes me glad I left when I did, considering my views that the rules exist so as you think before you break 'em (which yes, has cost me a little over the years, and so is not exactly recomended).

How and ever, to keep loosly ot, it does strike me that the S1 lot must have done something, but odds are it wasn't too serious. I never remember the DCU staff mcuh liking us (mind you, my memory is hazy, I don't remember what I did last week).

carlowboy wrote:

those curse words are just agressive

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

LiamD wrote:
    A lot of you are completely right. The staff of DCU do hate CTYI. The foreigners get an easy ride while CTYI gets complaints every day. The couches were not moved after the signs went up and it was no worse than any other year.So yeah I think the hate them because they think they're great argument is spot on.

Actually, parts of DCU love CTYI. security think CTYI are great cus we rarely cause trouble, and are usually very quick to respond to a call.

also, believe me the sportalians get JUST as many complaints as we do, its just the people who run it don't pay a blind bit of attention (hell, I think last year half the complaints were from me - got very annoyed with my sleep being disturbed by the idiots drop kicking the vending machines - called security three or four times cus of them).

However, like any college, they're used to dealing with older students. and the one time when the place is quiet is summer. at which point everyone goes "...yay!!!" because its a bit of peace and quiet. so I don't personally blame them THAT much for hating having a bunch of noisy 13-16 year olds coming along (I know that feeling - hate all the tourists in college for me this time of year, personally) so it is understandable. maybe not right, but understandable.

When you're spending your time researching during the summer, and suddenly run into billions of kids, its a pain in the hole. but meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Sounds like things have changed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Hey Piste is your instructor the guy who used to do the economics course?

We did a bit of game therory natrually enough during that,s orry was going to read the rest of the thread but too long and too tangenty.

If it is say hi for me, and ask has he still got a copy of his list of books to read before 25, or is that 21. Anyway yeah I know that this should be in a pm but emm sleep deprivation or something is my excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Bitter nevermores fight idealistic attendees.

And I thought I'd never see the old days again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Heh, never saw it that way, but that's a kinda creepily accurate throwback to days of yore alright...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

seeing as how i'm staff now and all i think i'll explain a little (if it hasn't already been explain, hell i didn't read the whole thing)...

as absorbed as you are in session one there's also a whole other part of ctyi that goes on every summer. this summer, there's been classes on for 6-7 year old and 8-12 year old kids too. as there always is and i'm sure lots of you have gone to.

something between 1500 and 2000 kids have been attending some form of ctyi this summer in dcu alone. the two sessions don't even make up 600 of them.

the little kids don't take their breaks in the canteen because they can't. and they can't mill off to spar on their own. so the ones that were in the henry grattan building would have their break in the street. that's maybe forty or so kids at a time. but then there'd be loads of our older kids hanging around. lying on each other. scoring. moving couches. leaving litter like mad things. session two are just as bad if not A LOT WORSE for the litter by the way.

the offices in the street are in a lot more use this summer than before. it would have happened during session two that access would have cut off if it hadn't have happened in between the two sessions. i'm surprised it hadn't been done in previous years.

and i went to ctyi and it's not that big of a deal. we all just love complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

It's the fault of the children!

Nobody thought of the children.

Hi Lisa!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Dearv

Darn those children - although we have now claimed the waterless pool outside Spar which is pretty comfy too - the Street got too hot in warm weather anyway, but now that its raining.........................................:D

& we are not ALOT WORSE with the litter! Session 2 for life, not just for xmas!

Hi Lisa!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

The Sess-1ers are like travellers, nobody likes them, then they wreck the place and move on. Anyone sellin any gates?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

I would never have suspected Junior CTYI of being the enemy. I bet they're the reason the discos arent in the Hub anymore! They probably made up all the nasty rumours about the Sportalians. Oh My God, THEY kidnapped Sheila!!!!!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭J Campion

Now honestly, there's no need for scaremongering. No-one kidnapped Sheila (and it's Doctor Gilheany to you :D ) She hung around campus loads durin session 1. It was actually all planned by us session oners to be so bad in the street that they wouldn't let the session twoers in :eek: Also, pity the 6 year old who saw Donall and Cynthia goin at it :D

OI! John. Feck off

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Well it was really sound of the CTYI staff to take what everyone said on board and let us have street access during the weekend, seems like a very fair comprimise to me. They didn't have to listen to us, they could very easily have just kept it off limits to please the DCU staff, but no they managed to meet us half way, well done to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭JenLorigan

What Liz said. And as I said before, or meant to, they would't have taken it away in the first place without good reason. So appreciate the use of it next year, younglings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Cronus333

you moved tham after you were told not to

How stupid can one get? ffs
    Thats what happened?

Advertisement