Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Street

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

Piste wrote:
    Well it was really sound of the CTYI staff to take what everyone said on board and let us have street access during the weekend, seems like a very fair comprimise to me. They didn't have to listen to us, they could very easily have just kept it off limits to please the DCU staff, but no they managed to meet us half way, well done to them.

Oh, I see! Then I guess everything's wrapped up in a neat little package. Really, I mean that. Sorry if it sounded sarcastic.

Does this mean we go back to hating the Sportalians, or can we keep Junior CTYI as enemies too? Pleaseeee:) :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

First the Hub, then the common rooms and now the Street. Any guesses on what'll be next to go? My money's on bathrooms.

I heard rumours that there'll be no kettles or toasters next year, don't take my word for it I didn't hear anything definite about it
    People had been stealing them over the three weeks from open windows, some rooms had about six toasters. It was a pretty big thing.
    One on of the last days a bunch of CTYIers took all the stolen stuff and put about 30 kettles and toasters in the middle of the quad really early oone morning beofre anybody got up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Shiney wrote:
    I heard rumours that there'll be no kettles or toasters next year, don't take my word for it I didn't hear anything definite about it
    People had been stealing them over the three weeks from open windows, some rooms had about six toasters. It was a pretty big thing.
    One on of the last days a bunch of CTYIers took all the stolen stuff and put about 30 kettles and toasters in the middle of the quad really early oone morning beofre anybody got up.
    (assuming that's truye)

....Doncha just hate when utter morons ruin things for everyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Then the kettles and toasters mysteriously dissappeared...

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

Slippery slope that. In a few years it'll be:
    "So this is the CTYI canteen eh?"
    "Yup. Just having lunch"
    "Are you eating with a fork and spoon?
    "We're not allowed use knives"
    "I heard a rumour that next year they're banning forks"
    "Nah, it'll never come to that"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

Slippery slope that. In a few years it'll be:
    "So this is the CTYI canteen eh?"
    "Yup. Just having lunch"
    "Are you eating with a fork and spoon?
    "We're not allowed use knives"
    "I heard a rumour that next year they're banning forks"
    "Nah, it'll never come to that"

Well, id say the spoons will go first. Especially after Sesh 2, '05. Is anyone else still wearing theirs?

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭JenLorigan

Gawd, people overreact so much when you, y'know, steal their property and use it for stupid games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Is anyone else still wearing theirs?

No, but Drogheda Grammar School is minus three items of silverware as of today. (One of them was an accident, and I wasn't really involved)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

the grammar school is gay *runs away*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 nollafyzzil

i don't care, i hated the street, there was always too many people so there was no couch space left and it was too hot. also, since people decided it was "cool" to buy smoothies in the juice place, it stunk of orange juice all the time! :[

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

The toaster and kettle thing is true, definitely true. Although it's annoying, the toaster wars were quite funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

People running around stealing each other's toasters and such is all well and good, if incredibly stupid, but what happens when a few of those don't appear on the inventory at the end, as will inevitably happen? You all lose the privilege. Dunno how you fuckers will survive now without something to cook noodles. Oh well, not my problem anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Ah the noodles...I ate mine with a haircomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭RefulgentGnomon

You never seem to use devices or instruments for their usual purposes, eh?

Advertisement