Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A bit unclear?

• 21-07-2006 4:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

I downloaded the free google earth aplication and installed it. Now this was ages ago. But anyway, the images are a bit unclear at times. I was wondering is there anyway to fix tis problem or do I have to buy the next package up?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

Some places are mapped in more detail than others. Look for darker squares, and zoom in on those. Hopefully one day everywhere will be mapped in as much detail as the US is!
    The next version up uses the same database, so you won't see any difference!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

fjon wrote:
    Some places are mapped in more detail than others. Look for darker squares, and zoom in on those. Hopefully one day everywhere will be mapped in as much detail as the US is!
    The next version up uses the same database, so you won't see any difference!

Ohh ok:( . That is a bit of a dissapointment. I was just going to use it to have a browse around Dublin, but sure thats life. As you say hopefully they will get around to mapping everywhere in detail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

Well it *has* gotten better. Slowly.
    When I first installed it, there was one hi-rez area for Ireland, and even then it wasn't that great. Have a look at places like LA, Las Vegas, NY, Sydney, Rome, Paris to see what GE can do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

fjon wrote:
    Well it *has* gotten better. Slowly.
    When I first installed it, there was one hi-rez area for Ireland, and even then it wasn't that great. Have a look at places like LA, Las Vegas, NY, Sydney, Rome, Paris to see what GE can do.

Yeah actually I will. I only looked around Ireland and that. Might aswell take a venture of foreign:D .

Advertisement