Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bok Choi

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I can get it in Dunnes Stores in Cornelscourt quite easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Chinese Market in Georges Street has it too!

and it can be founds in loads of places in DUblin and if your SEansouth from Limerick try the Asian MArket there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Had it from Tesco a few times. Good in stir fries, also good steamed and dressed (with oriental ingredients)

TRy Oyster Sauce or Garlic SAuce the best for Bok Choi.............. steam it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Alun wrote:
    I can get it in Dunnes Stores in Cornelscourt quite easily.

I'll presume most Dunne's have it then. I'm only back in the country, so I'll investigate tomorrow.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 wtnzq

Drapper wrote:
    TRy Oyster Sauce or Garlic SAuce the best for Bok Choi.............. steam it

Oyster sauce would be the best for bok choi, Garlic sauce is too strong.
    I always cook bok choi without any sauce just with little bit salt and vineger to enjoy the nature flavour.

well Garlic sauce asian style is very differennt to western style! (no mayonaisse and all that muck!! lol)

ask for it next time you will be very surprised!!

Oyster sauces if the biz too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 wtnzq

Drapper wrote:
    well Garlic sauce asian style is very differennt to western style! (no mayonaisse and all that muck!! lol)

ask for it next time you will be very surprised!!

Oyster sauces if the biz too
    i am sorry, i did not not represent it very clearly. i came from asia, i love garlic and i love cooking as well. the problem about garlic is if you put too much garlic then the strong flavour with cover the food that you cook. so you only can put little bit garlic in the dish that you cook, this measurement need longtime cooking experience and not every irish could gain a mastery of that. that is why i suggest using oyster sauce as its flavour not as strong as garlic.

wtnzq wrote:
    i am sorry, i did not not represent it very clearly. i came from asia, i love garlic and i love cooking as well. the problem about garlic is if you put too much garlic then the strong flavour with cover the food that you cook. so you only can put little bit garlic in the dish that you cook, this measurement need longtime cooking experience and not every irish could gain a mastery of that. that is why i suggest using oyster sauce as its flavour not as strong as garlic.

Cool, what part of Asia you from ? Guess it my Korean connections ! Koreans love garlic and Choisum

Advertisement