Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Did I imagine this plate?

Options
  • 21-07-2006 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

A few weeks back, I could swear I saw an Irish registered car where the county code was WN. I can't see any evidence of this anywhere, that this code exists. I suspect that it was a foreign car, but it followed the Irish format YY - WN - xxxxx which I don't believe any other country does.

Can somebody put me out of my misery?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭ismynametoolong

Maybe it was an upside down M
    MN is for Monaghan !!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

You imagined or misread it. Have you been tested for dyslexia?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Darando

Are you sure it wasnt WH instead of WN (i.e. maybe the H appeared like N) and therefore it would be a westmeath car!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

did it have the little IRL thing on the left of the plate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Were they green?

Trade plates follow a format of something like county and then a number, I think each county has so many trade plates per garage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Im not dyslexic however i notice that its very easy to confuse WH and MH on cars.. from a distance anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Saruman wrote:
    Im not dyslexic however i notice that its very easy to confuse WH and MH on cars.. from a distance anyway.

Get in touch with the DNA. (National Association of Dyslexics) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Tipsy Mac wrote:
    Were they green?

Trade plates follow a format of something like county and then a number, I think each county has so many trade plates per garage.

Trade plates go number, county, year. Garages normally buy 2+ sets; one for sales dept and one for service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Plums

Can anyone guess where they are from? The A4 is driven by a school teacher.

Rooney.jpg

Roy.jpg

Keane.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Let me guess....there are one one of our offshore islands?!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Silvera wrote:
    Let me guess....there are one one of our offshore islands?!:rolleyes:

Er, yup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Looks to me like Bere Island?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Plums wrote:
    Er, yup.

Hows the law there? Does no law apply as they are not part of the roads network of the country?

Tipsy Mac wrote:
    Hows the law there? Does no law apply as they are not part of the roads network of the country?

Those pics are from Tory Island. I've also been to Aranmore recently. Almost everyone has diesel cars that run on green diesel, they have no tax or insurance etc. Most of the cars are well beat out, northern / english reg.

When the Guards are going to the islands (which doesnt happen often) they go on the regular boat and the islanders get a phone call in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Plums wrote:
    When the Guards are going to the islands (which doesnt happen often) they go on the regular boat and the islanders get a phone call in advance :)

Yea - they have to book a place for the patrol car on the ferry. :)

Years ago it was common to see children driving on Arranmore Island. Maybe it still happens - I haven't been there since the 1970s.

They are also exempt from the NCT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The Islands, the most lawless place in Ireland. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Bond-007 wrote:
    The Islands, the most lawless place in Ireland. :)

Nah, that would be north Louth. ;)

Advertisement