Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

freeware dvd audio packs

• 21-07-2006 5:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've recently started using PowerDVD which came with my soundcard to watch dvds as InterVideo WinDVD which I was using was really starting to annoy me with playback problems, unpredictable results with a usb remote I use etc.

I've got a 7.1 speaker setup though and the version of PowerDVD I have only plays through 2 speakers. I've seen that there is an upgrade where you can buy an audio pack to enable 7.1 audio playback so I was just wondering if there's any free audio plugins out there that work with PowerDVD?

Either that or another decent free player that allows full audio channel playback?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

ac3 filter should enable full surround sound.

media player classic also supports 5.1 afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

cheers Subway, I'll check those out when I get home from work. Just had a quick look at the media player classic, looks quite good, some interesting features too, especially like the look of the subtitle options! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

Hi Subway, just to let you know downloaded both of those, got 5.1 now enabled and have to say the media classic player is sweet, haven't even started checking half the options and already think I've found my new player of choice :) .

cheers mate!

Advertisement