Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Moment of Mourning for Mr Shabby

Options
  • 21-07-2006 6:23pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Goddamnit, adam got himself banned. Again.

All those who feel Boards and particularly the Cork forum will be a lesser place to frequent without his particular tone of obnoxious humour, post your condolences here.

It should be noted that adam was a fine poster in all his 2 incarnations, bringing a piquant brand of obnoxious humour to the mix. (Although according to recent experimental data acquired While In The Pub, adam's Obnoxiousness Field has been weakened and is going the way of a red dwarf sun. Fans of obnoxiousness need not panic, as universal balance has apparently been restored by my Obnoxiousness Field going supernova.)

He will be missed. Until he either registers under a new account, or our aim improves significantly.

(Yeah, ok, I'm bored...)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Is he permanently banned then...

what happened him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

Big wally. Ken Shabby was a good name too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

what did he do this time? :rolleyes:

the muppet!!!! :p

edit: scratch that, I just read the thread :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Hah.. the tool.. Good riddance I say! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

He'll be back, probably.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Bye Bye

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Never met the guy but speaks his mind and i like that. Think he should just learn to bite the tongue just a small bit when it comes to ecksor he'd have had no worries. He'll be back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fysh one obnoxious is fine, five is guilding the lilly somewhat! :D

Adam will be back but with a different PC/IP addy if he has any sense. ;)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

mike65 wrote:
    Adam will be back but with a different PC/IP addy if he has any sense. ;)

That wouldn't make any difference - his posting style is very distinctive.

The sooner he's back the better. Too much fanboy admin worship is bad for the soul.

deRanged wrote:
    That wouldn't make any difference - his posting style is very distinctive.
    He does tend to stand out a bit doesn't he? :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I guess therapy might help.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

The "adam" at the end of every post tends to give him away. This place with all it's rules ceased to be any fun a long time ago.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

He was never the most subtle poster, really. Hopefully he'll pull his next Jesus impersonation soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

Can someone point me to the thread he got banned over?

homah_7ft wrote:
    Can someone point me to the thread he got banned over?
    Here's the thread :D
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054964210

Thanks for that JohnK. Looks like he should have kept his head down.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Well, yeah, probably. But then he wouldn't be the adam we know and love, would he? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

JohnK wrote:

I love the way Ken Shabby 2 emerged when he was in his death throes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ken Shabby 3

I didn't need to keep my head down, the rest of the admins knew who I was, in fact DeVore followed through on a request to remove my IM handles from my old account a few months ago.

Jerry banned me because he thought I was being critical of his precious baby - I wasn't, I was simply feeding back - and because of the tame/lame comment in post #5, period. I don't blame him though, he obviously has a major self-esteem problem, which probably isn't entirely his fault.

Like I said the last time this happened, when I'm banned for a legitimate reason, I'll go quietly. In the meantime, trying to ban someone with a dynamic IP is about as clever as trying to nail jelly to the ceiling.

See you around in my new identity. When they find that...

./brdsreg -u USERNAME -e EMAIL [-p PASSWORD]

(Enable captchas Jerry. You're supposed to be a security guy, secure.)

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

er...welcome back then.

• Advertisement

(Enable captchas Jerry. You're supposed to be a security guy, secure.)
    Thems fightin words :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I didn't need to keep my head down, the rest of the admins knew who I was, in fact DeVore followed through on a request to remove my IM handles from my old account a few months ago.

In other words, he came back in while I was ill and nobody thought to reban him.
    Like I said the last time this happened, when I'm banned for a legitimate reason, I'll go quietly. In the meantime, trying to ban someone with a dynamic IP is about as clever as trying to nail jelly to the ceiling.

If any curious Mods want a link to the original thread on the Mod forum that dealt with this issue than let me know.

Jeepers it's all going on!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

Reading the thread, I don't think he said anything particularly ban-worthy. Until his Second Coming as Ken Shabby 2, that is. And that Ken Shabby 3 is a cheeky chap.
    Maybe a whole legion of consecutively-numbered Shabby replicants is spawning...

I for one eagerly await Ken Shabby 4

I heard there's an american TV company thinking about making a syndicated show around adam's message board antics called (wait for it) the Six Million User-account Man....

/me gets coat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

This so will not help the comments about him and bubbles being indistinguishable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Ecksor is a loser

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

What have I lost exactly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

your sheep?

Advertisement