Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wood For A Dormer Stairs

Options
  • 21-07-2006 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭

Hi there, we are converting our attic into a dormer. I was wondering what type of wood any of you would recommend for the stairs.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,404 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

dixiefly wrote:
    Hi there, we are converting our attic into a dormer. I was wondering what type of wood any of you would recommend for the stairs.

Thanks.
    Depends on what kind of stairs you want. Is the wood going to be exposed? Or is the wood to be simply structural, ie covered with carpet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Thanks for your response. The wood will be exposed, not covered by carpet.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

Personally I'd go for Ash cause i like the colour of it on stairs or white oak. But really its up to yourself on what colour timber you like and how much you're willing to pay.
    This was one the fella I work for one customer It had a small riser cause if it was a full one it would to be dark at the door unserneath it

Advertisement