Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderator forum link query

Options
  • 21-07-2006 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

Hey there,
    So, have a look at a post by me (this one), you see where it says "Mod: Horse Racing" and has a link to the horse racing forum. How is this implemented? :)

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

There's a field in your user profile called "moderates" that can be seen in the admin control panel that sets it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Cheers ecksor. Is that a standard vbulletin thing, or is it custom user profile field that you created?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

We've had it for years, I'm think it's standard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

I just checked there and it's definitely not standard. It must be some sort of profile hack.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

sjones wrote:
    I just checked there and it's definitely not standard. It must be some sort of profile hack.

John Breslin aka Cloud made this system in which it uses your forumbits from the database and via php adds them to a user profile field set by yourself.

there will be a file called modtitles.php as John has here.
    http://www.johnbreslin.com/wiki/index.php/VBulletin_Moderator_Titles_Add-On

You will notice how usergroups are displayed as 6,5,7. These are the same usergroups that allow for the Admin, Smod text to be added on.

Once you have your script saved and uploaded onto your server, your next task is to create a single user profile field box which if you never done it before becomes field 5

Now next thing is to go into your style and edit either the postbit template or the postbit_legacy (the postbit_legacy look is like what boards has now, where the user info is on the left)

Then depending on where you want to add the title in the user info area, add
    <div><if condition="$post['field5']"><div>$post[field5]</div></if>

Once set up, run the script to add the modtitles.

If you have any difficulty, PM me and I can try and sort it out for ya.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement