Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much would i get to sell my system?

Options
  • 21-07-2006 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

hi, i hope i'm in the right place to ask roughly how much would i get to sell my computer. i'm thinking of upgrading, and the amount i'd spend depends on how much i'd get for my current system. this isn't an offer as such, but i will sell it on boards when i get my new betsie.

it's a shuttle XPC ST61G4, about 18 months old, light office use only. here is a good review

intel P4 3.0Ghz, 800 FSB.
    1GB DDR 400 ram (2x512)
    160Gb SATA Samsung (ultra quiet)
    8-in-1 card reader integrated.
    16x DVD + CDRW drive, internal.
    built in Wifi + LAN.
    on-board ATI graphics, up to 128 shared memory.
    all the usual sound stuff, line in, mic, line out etc., 2 usbs on the front, 4 at the back, firewire etc.

i'm keeping all the peripherals, LCD, mouse, keyboard, printer etc. all i'd sell is the box. my reason for upgrading is that i want more internal hard drives and i need a bigger case.

the video is the only downside, obviously a serious gamer could use the AGP slot to put a proper graphics card in. i've used it as a development box and it runs Visual Studio 2005, photoshop, office 2003 etc very nicely.

cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

I think anything between €300-400 would be realistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭zero_mac

yikes i thought it was worth more than that. thanks for replying all the same. it cost around 1100 euros originally, and i thought the value would hold better now considering the relative plateau of processor speeds, FSB, RAM speeds, etc, at least compared to previous years. there isn't all that much in the difference of a new high-end dell and my own system, granted DDR2 and SATA2, but i don't imagine they make a world of difference.

i might get a graphics card and hope my shuttle can keep up for another 12-18 months, my main reason is to get windows vista running properly. the SATA controller (Si 3152) doesn't seem to be supported at the moment.

cheers

Advertisement