Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonight's eL Action

• 21-07-2006 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Only the one game in the Premier Division tonight.

Shelbourne knocked six past UCD in a decent display, with Crowe and Byrne scoring a brace each and Ndo and Cahill chipping in too.

Joseph Ndo is a quality player. His touch and skill are second to none in this league in my opinion. He has great vision, which encourages our attacking players, especially Glen Crowe, to have the confidence that they will get good service.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

We are now joint first in the league after a dradfull start to the season where we sacked stephen lally and now have tony cousins in charge.

shels are on fire at the moment and cant stop scoring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Onimous Shels are looking at the moment. 11 goals in 2 games. Its seems they have finally gelled.

God help us all :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Come on, we put five of those past Waterford.

But, yes, we do finally look like we have a settled starting XI. Ndo and Crowe look sublime together, Bobby Ryan is playing really well out on the right.

Dillon in the defence is very comfortable on the ball, and even the Scouse Badge Kisser doesn't seem to be making many mistakes, but I wouldn't be comfortable without getting a decent left full. Ollie Cahill is his same old self though, drifting in and out of games, not looking that confident. Maybe his goal tonight will change that. In the middle of the park, Stuey Byrne is regaining his form of two seasons ago, not quite there yet, but another few games under his belt and he will be very good.

On the bench, Richie Baker has been doing well when coming in for Ryan, he set up Crowe's stunner tonight. I'd love a Ryan/Baker hybrid in that position. I haven't seen enough of Greg O'Halloran, but he looks a nice solid replacement for Jim Crawford.

We have two marvellous 'keepers in Dean Delaney and Steve Williams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Gah Dillon! What have you done! p.s. we want payment for him as well whenever is handy ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Well done Joey 3 in 3 now :)

kdjac

• Advertisement

SATURDAY 22 JULY
    EIRCOM LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION
    Longford Town -v- Waterford Utd 7.30
    Flancare Park
    Sligo Rovers OFF Cork City *
    The Showgrounds
    * Game postponed due to Cork's
    Champions League commitments.

SUNDAY 23 JULY
    Bray Wanderers -v- St Pat's Ath' 3.15
    Carlisle Grounds

Our game with Cork off next friday, and with Dublin City gone means we have our second 6 week enforced no home game hiatus. Maybe we come bback from this one as good as we were before the last one :(

Pats looking for freindlies, how about a boards.ie 11 take them on :D On current form would probably win :(

kdjac

The City game isn't definitely off yet. It depends on whether City are still in with a shout of progress AFAIK.

If the game happens it will be Saturday at some point.

http://www.stpatsfc.com/news.php?id=974

^^ EL said it was.

Shame we usually only need 9 men down there :D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Joey Ndo is positively flying since his second transfer away from Tolka Park this season. Why did we have to sell him (again) :(:(

Jesus if we'd him in our team now you'd almost have us down as favourites...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Absolute demolition last night.

Games just can't come quick enough when you're in form like we are.

• Advertisement

Slash/ED wrote:
    Joey Ndo is positively flying since his second transfer away from Tolka Park this season. Why did we have to sell him (again) :(:(

Jesus if we'd him in our team now you'd almost have us down as favourites...

Have you paid him this month ?

:p

kdjac

Should hopefuly beat Waterford but it is a funny old game. I predict a free flowing passing match ;)

3-0 to "De Town" wasnt the gretest game in the world. But lonford by farrrrrrrr the better team. Waterford are terrible and I dont say that as a point of ridicule. It is obvious to see they are looking to the future, Apart from that reynolds was there anyone over 22?

Great free kick from Deano but tbh for most the match he did **** all.

KdjaC wrote:
    Have you paid him this month ?

:p

kdjac

Why would we have to? We sold him to Pats pre season and Drogheda a couple of weeks ago along with Crowe during your as ever spot on prediction of a mass player walk out. You're inside source must be Ollie himself with the scoops you've managed to come up with here on Shels.

And, you may not like him, but his plan to repeatedly sell the same player to every club in the league is a genius fundraiser for the club. How he gets away with it I don't know but fair play, all we need to do is sell Ndo to the other 18 clubs left and maybe a few abroad and we're sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Great performance. Great result. What more can be said.

<<<---- God.

Slash/ED wrote:
    Why would we have to? We sold him to Pats pre season and Drogheda a couple of weeks ago along with Crowe during your as ever spot on prediction of a mass player walk out. You're inside source must be Ollie himself with the scoops you've managed to come up with here on Shels.

And, you may not like him, but his plan to repeatedly sell the same player to every club in the league is a genius fundraiser for the club. How he gets away with it I don't know but fair play, all we need to do is sell Ndo to the other 18 clubs left and maybe a few abroad and we're sorted.

Oh come on Slash you have to give it to Ollie, organises a freindly on the very same day the PFAI gives him as the last day in which monies need to be paid to the players. But im sure you knew that 24th of July was the date set by the payers and the PFAI. I mean all the ostriches i mean Shels fans knew this.

If said monies are not paid the PFAI have told the players to walk and find new clubs, but im sure this is all old news to you. Odd that very 2 players you mention are the very ones who have been paid in full. Seriously tho pay the form players , well done again Ollie :o

Drogs had spoke to both as had other clubs, now lets all rush over to Tolka and help Shels pay their players, can i get in for free with my new found Dublin City season ticket?

As for Ndo Pats had him but Shels wanted a transfer fee of 7k, Drogs spoke to him and agreed wages with no transfer fee, do you not think this is true? Is it not what clubs who cant pay players do? We did it had to let Ndo go as we couldnt pay him, why would you be any different?

Terrible times........Anyhoo off the seaside....feckin sun fecks off the one day im going to the seaside....bah

kdjac

UNDAY 23 JULY
    Bray Wanderers 1-2 St Pat's Athletic
    Georgescu 63 M Quigley 19
    Fahey 59

EIRCOM LEAGUE FIRST DIVISION

Shamrock Rovers 0-0 Dundalk

Poor game, Bray out crapped us, we got 2 nice goals and it didnt rain which was nice.

kdjac

Fahey scored?

Must be pleased with that?

Hear me rant on Newstalk 106 in a few minutes :D

I'll be listening!

Are you on before or after Fintan?

• Advertisement

Just done there now. I was after Fintan.

Nice rant.

LOL at "Celtic Moron Fans"! :D

Everytime I am on that show I always get in at least one dig at Celtic and Paul Doolin. Couldn't get round to Alan Matthews though.

KdjaC wrote:
    Oh come on Slash you have to give it to Ollie, organises a freindly on the very same day the PFAI gives him as the last day in which monies need to be paid to the players. But im sure you knew that 24th of July was the date set by the payers and the PFAI. I mean all the ostriches i mean Shels fans knew this.

If said monies are not paid the PFAI have told the players to walk and find new clubs, but im sure this is all old news to you. Odd that very 2 players you mention are the very ones who have been paid in full. Seriously tho pay the form players , well done again Ollie :o

Drogs had spoke to both as had other clubs, now lets all rush over to Tolka and help Shels pay their players, can i get in for free with my new found Dublin City season ticket?

As for Ndo Pats had him but Shels wanted a transfer fee of 7k, Drogs spoke to him and agreed wages with no transfer fee, do you not think this is true? Is it not what clubs who cant pay players do? We did it had to let Ndo go as we couldnt pay him, why would you be any different?

Terrible times........Anyhoo off the seaside....feckin sun fecks off the one day im going to the seaside....bah

kdjac

Ah sure you've been spot on with literally every single (SHOCKINGLY and by SHEER COINCIDENCE always negative) Shels related rumour you've spewed off the top of your head on here before, why would I doubt your glorious inside sources now?

Slash/ED wrote:
    Ah sure you've been spot on with literally every single (SHOCKINGLY and by SHEER COINCIDENCE always negative) Shels related rumour you've spewed off the top of your head on here before, why would I doubt your glorious inside sources now?

Oh you mean when i told you about the player strike 5 weeks before it happened? What was your post on that "message board rumours" but you never posted in the actual thread about the strike when the players refused to train. That was kinda odd, anyway as most of your fans seem to know whats going on, here is the full story.....

the players contacted the PFAI who informed them that a one day strike in training was the best course of action, they did so. The club then promised all payments by the end of the next week, which the players replied that they had until 24th of July(ie tomorrow) to pay back all monies owed. A hastily arranged friendly on that very same date....oh but why?? Ollie went to the FAI and begged for 500k to get Shels to end of the season using Rovers as an example of the FAI helping out clubs in need. The FAI have had no comment when asked by press about this.

But im sure you knew all this as you said its only internet message board rumours...couldnt be true......etc etc head in sand etc etc.

And yes i am pointing and laughing at Shels fans, good enough for them tbh, what comes around goes around.... :)

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Apparently all players have been paid, in full. So the firendly tomorrow goes towards next weeks pay! :)

KdjaC wrote:
    Oh you mean when i told you about the player strike 5 weeks before it happened? What was your post on that "message board rumours" but you never posted in the actual thread about the strike when the players refused to train. That was kinda odd, anyway as most of your fans seem to know whats going on, here is the full story.....

the players contacted the PFAI who informed them that a one day strike in training was the best course of action, they did so. The club then promised all payments by the end of the next week, which the players replied that they had until 24th of July(ie tomorrow) to pay back all monies owed. A hastily arranged friendly on that very same date....oh but why?? Ollie went to the FAI and begged for 500k to get Shels to end of the season using Rovers as an example of the FAI helping out clubs in need. The FAI have had no comment when asked by press about this.

But im sure you knew all this as you said its only internet message board rumours...couldnt be true......etc etc head in sand etc etc.

And yes i am pointing and laughing at Shels fans, good enough for them tbh, what comes around goes around.... :)

kdjac

You also told us about Ndo to Pats weeks before it was confirmed and he signed for them, same for Ndo and Crowe to Drogheda, the mass player walk out. All the things you predicted with an accuracy level that defies belief weeks before those dark days hit us and they happened. Lesser people may say you made it all up as you're an anti-Shels bitter fool as proven by the fact that, well, pretty much none of your rumour mongering has ever proved to be anything other than total and utter crap of the highest order, but obviously they don't see the bigger picture...

You're laughing at us? We're sitting top of the league and clear favourites to win it with a squad that has never looked happier and never played better than the past few weeks. Keep laughing, 'cos I find it hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Slash/ED wrote:
    You also told us about Ndo to Pats weeks before it was confirmed and he signed for them, same for Ndo and Crowe to Drogheda, the mass player walk out. All the things you predicted with an accuracy level that defies belief weeks before those dark days hit us and they happened. Lesser people may say you made it all up as you're an anti-Shels bitter fool as proven by the fact that, well, pretty much none of your rumour mongering has ever proved to be anything other than total and utter crap of the highest order, but obviously they don't see the bigger picture...

You're laughing at us? We're sitting top of the league and clear favourites to win it with a squad that has never looked happier and never played better than the past few weeks. Keep laughing, 'cos I find it hilarious.

I would be anti-Shels, and although I never thought for one minute that things at Tolka were as doom-and-gloom as some people made out, I still think it's funny how deluded Shels fans are. "A squad that never looked happier". Pull the other one, we'll see how happy they are next time the club runs into money trouble. Which for any eL side is never too far away; friendlies or no friendlies.

Bateman wrote:
    I would be anti-Shels, and although I never thought for one minute that things at Tolka were as doom-and-gloom as some people made out, I still think it's funny how deluded Shels fans are. "A squad that never looked happier". Pull the other one, we'll see how happy they are next time the club runs into money trouble. Which for any eL side is never too far away; friendlies or no friendlies.

I'm not saying things are perfect, but squad morale is as high as I've seen it in a long time and that's based on watching the players on the pitch. Obviously that can change easily, I'm just saying at the moment the players look happy and are enjoying their football. 11 goals in two matches also somewhat speaks for itself on that front. That can (And if there is trouble, will) change very easily, I never claimed otherwise, that's true for any team in the world.

And, would you look at that, we just turned down an offer for Jason Byrne. That'd be money and his wages off the wage bill, but we turned it down. But sure, we only pay Ndo and Crowe (Yes, the Drogheda players, how bizzare is that) anyway according to Ollies best mate and confidant Kdjac anyway so I suppose what'd be the point in selling him?

• Advertisement

Slash/ED wrote:

And, would you look at that, we just turned down an offer for Jason Byrne. That'd be money and his wages off the wage bill, but we turned it down. But sure, we only pay Ndo and Crowe (Yes, the Drogheda players, how bizzare is that) anyway according to Ollies best mate and confidant Kdjac anyway so I suppose what'd be the point in selling him?

Heh read that today "an unamed club" i think they are We Dont Exist FC but your spot on everything that was posted in the rumours thread didnt happen well Ndo and Drogs (who oddly bought Zayed that was in the thread too guess that didnt happen either) , but it is doom and gloom very much so.

You may not believe it i coudnt care less either way, its nice that an English club came over free of charge to help an Irish club out whi in most Shels fans eyes didnt need help. But if you honestly believe that all the players in the camp are happy, good for you. The money tree that the little pixie fairies planted still throws out oodles of cash.

Lets hope you get the players wages for next week tonight as of next monday night any players unpaid can only leave to another country, which would be terrible for the league.......

Weird when the blatant obivous makes perfect sense :eek:

I do find it odd you havent put 2 and 2 together and figured out who my magical source is Seansouth and Joesoap did :)

kdjac

Advertisement