Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is daft.ie Ireland's busiest website?

Options
  • 21-07-2006 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭

Are Irish people just gone property mad altogether?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Theres a high turnover in the rental market.

Who says it is number one? I would have though ireland.com would have been ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭apeking

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭YeAh!

Well yeah, makes sense, we are gone property mad. Houses are going up around my area where we never thought they'd be houses. Swampy marshes (ok not that bad...) are being drained for semi-ds, places where nobody ever thought houses could possibly exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ai ing

I know everytime I am looking for a place or maybe just interested in moving I would visit their site a couple of times a day. As Victor said the high turnover in rentals means there would be thousands of others doing the same as me.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭lardboy

That's only ABC audited sites, there's no Yahoo, Google or MSN figures included. Many websites don't subscribe to ABC, so they aren't included. According to Sales Online, Yahoo have more than double the page impressions per month, and Boards would creep in just Irishjobs.ie on the list but use a different method of measurement.

Still crazy, mind you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

A lot of it is nosiness.

I teach basic computer classes and how to use the internet. And I always let my trainees loose on that website. They love looking at the photos and seeing how poorly some people have set up their living rooms... sometimes they can even find the details of a house for sale that is on their road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

If you are from a large urban area and go onto daft.ie looking to buy, rent or share you could end up looking at well over a over hundred pages just to see what is available. You might do this multiple times. Lots of people check it when deciding whether to contiune a lease or move and others who are letting use it to gauge the market rate for their area.

Property is one of the busiest areas of trade in this country and they're the biggest property site so it's not really surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

This is the reason

For estate agents,
    Myhome.ie costs €1,400 plus vat to register every year plus €160 per property to display on myhome.ie. (bit of a rip off)

Daft.ie charge €99 per month rental and you can put as many properties as want on to the site.

Which means estate agents have been switching to Daft to display there properties which in turn means more and more people have also been searching the daft for property.

Advertisement