Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reaction from a mod... and want to appeal

Options
  • 21-07-2006 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

Firstly.. I've reported it, and I'm taking it seriously.

I post a thread, purely for a result as it was a poll, (I barley had time to even post in my own thread) and i asked if it was ok to leave it on etc, with thanks.. it was closed.. with not a nice tone?

I wasn't going to allow myself be bullied I wanted an explanation, didn't get any, in fact he closed that too.. with yet another not so nice reaction

And so on... I've more details but I won't say it here yet. as i want other.s mods opinions. I've being on here along time, and I've never come accross such a bully.

My point is he allowed to treat other's like this when i've done nothing wrong, and if i appeal to him i get a ban?????
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

mysterious wrote:
    I've being on here along time
    No you haven't.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

mysterious wrote:
    And so on... I've more details but I won't say it here yet. as i want other.s mods opinions.

Well, if you want an opinion from me you're going to have to link to the threads and give precise details.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

mysterious wrote:
    Firstly.. I've reported it,

yep, i got the report, thanks.
    mysterious wrote:
    and I'm taking it seriously.

really. you so need a couple of exclamation points at the end of that sentence.
    mysterious wrote:
    I post a thread, purely for a result as it was a poll, (I barley had time to even post in my own thread) and i asked if it was ok to leave it on etc, with thanks.. it was closed.. with not a nice tone?

and i said it wasnt, and i closed it.
    i mean, you were having the discussion on another forum anyway.

oh, and another thing, i cant understand half of what you write. is english your native language, or is the teaching in limerick just really crappy?
    mysterious wrote:
    Fi it was closed.. with not a nice tone?

:(
    mysterious wrote:

I wasn't going to allow myself be bullied I wanted an explanation, didn't get any, in fact he closed that too.. with yet another not so nice reaction

ok, lets go though your posts, one at a time shall we.

the first one, with a poll

IMO. I think there is no explanation as to why Limerick city and county lagged compared to last census... when the results were very positive. Tohug some areas such as Shannon, near Thomand park has a large drop, might not be anything to do with it, but. Please keep it after hours as I want a general audience.... not just Limerick. Thanks if the Mods agree.

the second one, entitled 'ignorance'
    Ok.. fine... WWM.. just want to say for the sake of future references.

Grow up, at least.. as the response was a bit ignorant, and I'm sure other Mods would not have spoke as immature as you..

Showing yourself up!!!

and, the third one, where you wanted an explanation, lovingly entitled: How do we deal with ignoreance on boards

Yes WWM taking it to a whole new level, should ihe be allowed to be ingnorant.....and folol me or other's around....

mysterious wrote:
    F
    And so on... I've more details but I won't say it here yet. as i want other.s mods opinions.

stick it up, what do you have, an ace up your sleeve? or your pm?
    stick it up, im happy for it to be shown.
    mysterious wrote:
    I've being on here along time,

really?
    mysterious wrote:
    and I've never come accross such a bully.

dont get out much if you think im a bully.
    mysterious wrote:
    My point is he allowed to treat other's like this when i've done nothing wrong, and if i appeal to him i get a ban?????

no, i said if you put up one more post like that, youd get banned.
    and i dont find you appealing either.

but let me leave you with something a wise man once said.

i think it applies to you and was posted yesterday.
    mysterious wrote:
    put a fine judgement on you.... i don't just believe a word you say now! lol but I wish you speak more.... cus the more sh!Te you air. The more idiotic you sound...so fire ahead.

from this post right here:http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=51758603&postcount=29

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

what the **** are you talking about

mysterious wrote:
    and I've never come accross such a bully.

bullseye_bully.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Nasty Eamo wrote:

bully.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

yep, i got the report, thanks.

really. you so need a couple of exclamation points at the end of that sentence.

and i said it wasnt, and i closed it.
    i mean, you were having the discussion on another forum anyway.

oh, and another thing, i cant understand half of what you write. is english your native language, or is the teaching in limerick just really crappy?

:(

ok, lets go though your posts, one at a time shall we.

the first one, with a poll

IMO. I think there is no explanation as to why Limerick city and county lagged compared to last census... when the results were very positive. Tohug some areas such as Shannon, near Thomand park has a large drop, might not be anything to do with it, but. Please keep it after hours as I want a general audience.... not just Limerick. Thanks if the Mods agree.

the second one, entitled 'ignorance'
    Ok.. fine... WWM.. just want to say for the sake of future references.

Grow up, at least.. as the response was a bit ignorant, and I'm sure other Mods would not have spoke as immature as you..

Showing yourself up!!!

and, the third one, where you wanted an explanation, lovingly entitled: How do we deal with ignoreance on boards

Yes WWM taking it to a whole new level, should ihe be allowed to be ingnorant.....and folol me or other's around....

stick it up, what do you have, an ace up your sleeve? or your pm?
    stick it up, im happy for it to be shown.

really?

no, i said if you put up one more post like that, youd get banned.
    and i dont find you appealing either.

but let me leave you with something a wise man once said.

i think it applies to you and was posted yesterday.

from this post right here:http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=51758603&postcount=29

so you are trying to hunt me down, shoud I copy your PM you sent me....

Btw it was a threat, if i posted a msg, to defend myself... You use not so nice words, that litterly fired at me, and yes you reacted badly the second time. So your tracking me also, further's proof your tracking me down, what next told to f"""" off. like you put it in my PM.. fire ahead WWM.. throw it at me... All I'm saying i shouldn't have being made as uncomfortable as i have being on after hours.

I'm just stubborn, and that's why I reposted, because I felt you were out of line...

Edit: I should posted third time round on here, but I didn't realise this is where you complain (I know) but at least I thought, by the doing the right thing was not to take the bull side of it..being walked on just because i posted a poll, which many have done...

But i'll know where to post, in future reference if he has an issue with me or well maybe he dosn't, but, I didn't like it one bit..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

banyo6.jpg
    Down with this sort of thing. :)

mysterious wrote:
    so you are trying to hunt me down, shoud I copy your PM you sent me....

Btw it was a threat, if i posted a msg, to defend myself... You use not so nice words, that litterly fired at me, and yes you reacted badly the second time. So your tracking me also, further's proof your tracking me down, what next told to f"""" off. like you put it in my PM.. fire ahead WWM.. throw it at me... All I'm saying i shouldn't have being made as uncomfortable as i have being on after hours.

I'm just stubborn, and that's why I reposted, because I felt you were out of line...

stick up your pm with my reply in it.
    go for it.

what is this throwing im doing.

and this stalking.
    you posted 3 stpid threads on AH, and i locked the,.
    ohhhh scarey stalker!

YOU then pm'd me!

hey, maybe i can find some more insults you threw at people on the other forums. :)

but please, by all means, stick up your pm.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Two bully pictures together at the same time, now thats just freaky.
    mysterious wrote:
    Actually, we get lessons from WWM to speak in such ways.

Seriously though, I still have no idea what your going on about. Its like your having a conversation with yourself and are just presuming we can hear both sides of it.

• Advertisement

jesus, im bored, i'll get the pm myself

delly wrote:
    Two bully pictures together at the same time, now thats just freaky.
    Actually, we get lessons from WWM to speak in such ways.

Seriously though, I still have no idea what your going on about. Its like your having a conversation with yourself and are just presuming we can hear both sides of it.

WWM, just sparked off and closed a thread, with a abrupt way, after I asking, I reposted again, and it just escalated.

Final say, I just wasn't going to put up with WWM being abrupt to me

dear wwm.
    i think you are the best mod, and i really admire you. i think you are a shinning beacon of light that we can look to in these dark and unwholesome times

please continue to to do the upstanding job you are doing. you and all the mods on the AH forum are only deadly, and if we ever met, i will be happy to buy you beer all night long.

best regards and warmest of wishes

youre new friend

mysterious

but seriously....
    1. you need to learn english

2. you need to make a point

3. what threats?

4. go away.

mysterious wrote:
    Wtf... is your problem. your the one whos ignorant, and playing with power..... and you swear and reign.

Look bub. You obviously have a personal issue with me. But I'm not going to tolerate, your attitude, whether your a mod or not

In fact someone will be reporting, it because i've done nothing. I do not deserve a ban... I won't step down for your threats.

Yours sincerely. IF you make an eejit out of me, i'll copy this.. and past ie..

Ps i've nothing personal against you..

dear wwm.
    i think you are the best mod, and i really admire you. i think you are a shinning beacon of light that we can look to in these dark and unwholesome times

please continue to to do the upstanding job you are doing. you and all the mods on the AH forum are only deadly, and if we ever met, i will be happy to buy you beer all night long.

best regards and warmest of wishes

youre new friend

mysterious

lol......

but seriously....

maybe you need to learn manners:)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

mysterious wrote:
    WWM, just sparked off and closed a thread, with a abrupt way, after I asking, I reposted again, and it just escalated.

Final say, I just wasn't going to put up with WWM being abrupt to me
    OK, now were getting somewhere. The next step would be to show us the thread, or would you prefer I use my Jedi powers to find it?

maybe, so have you found the answers you were looking for?

maybe, so have you found the answers you were looking for?

Yes Whitewashman, get off your high horse..

blah blah blah.

postcount +1

/troll

• Advertisement

blah blah blah.

postcount +1

/troll

keep the last word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

I havent had any previous run in/ conversation with him until recently, maybe hes usually fine I dunno, but yes I found him particularly rude and arrogant. That said, I did admittedly post a thread which may have been appropriate somewhere else, and he does mod AH. But even though I tried to be polite to him and my gripe was relatively minor, he does quite go on the offensive a bit excessively. and although AH is a tough job, it doesnt exactly mean its okay to be rude/ a prick. Particularly in PMs (<---WWM is a man right?)

Having said that, OP your way of explaining your situation is a bit hard to follow, your wording can be quite confusing, maybe thats what he has a problem with:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Oh Christ, just ban.

Hyper ban even, or final warning and be done with it.

This is going to turn into a flame war and the other guy is going to post threads all over the place complaining about being hard done by at every opportunity.

I couldn't give a ****e if a mod was 'rude' to me (there's always boards beers for getting even) , its just the internet. Yer man is going on like he wants to be compensated for emotional hardship or something.

InFront wrote:
    Having said that, OP your way of explaining your situation is a bit hard to follow, your wording can be quite confusing, maybe thats what he has a problem with:o
    And he still hasn't even pointed us in the direction of the thread in question. If you want other peoples opinion on this, then give us the information, but its seems to me that you just want to keep having ago at WWM instead of explaining your case.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

WWM is rude and arrogant...but more often than not he is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Ok as I see this..... You posted a thread on after hours (Which I'm stilll trying to de-cypher) on a subject you were discussing on the limerick city forum but included in the post (from what I can make out) that you had an inkling that the mods might not agree with the validity of the post being on AH. Then Cerberus our mythical guard dog (WWM) came along went "wtf" and informed you that the mods did not agree that it was a valid AH thread.
    You then went and created another thread to complain about this (even though in your original posting you seemed to accept it may not stay openor in the forum) Your complaint consisted mainly of your personal opinion of the moderator and he viewed the thread as what it was i.e. whingespiel and locked it.
    You then created another thread on your opinion of WWM and it was locked.
    My overall opinion on this is that if you are not banned from AH then you deserve to be. As you say you are here a long time and if you have not noticed the Feedback forum in the space of almost 2 years or where to post if you have issue with a moderator. So yeah I think you have very little grounds to compain and should possibly consider skin thickening treatment as if what WWM did makes you feel like you were bullied then are possibly more innocent than a wikkle bunny rabbit.

InFront wrote:
    I havent had any previous run in/ conversation with him until recently, maybe hes usually fine I dunno, but yes I found him particularly rude and arrogant. That said, I did admittedly post a thread which may have been appropriate somewhere else, and he does mod AH. But even though I tried to be polite to him and my gripe was relatively minor, he does quite go on the offensive a bit excessively. and although AH is a tough job, it doesnt exactly mean its okay to be rude/ a prick. Particularly in PMs (<---WWM is a man right?)

didnt you do the same. post something stupid which i moved so you posted again in the forum to complain about it.

i mean seriosuly, if it didnt work once, at what point did you think it would work a second time?

can you post up the pms where iwas rude and arrogant?

i do believe i said in one that what you thought was right for AH and what i thought was right for AH were two different things.

i think the other pm, i think i told why i moved the thread, that you didnt insult me with your purile thread on this forum, and that people probably thought you were a tit for doing it.

but post up the pms if you want to. you know, just to back up your arguements.

InFront wrote:
    I havent had any previous run in/ conversation with him until recently, maybe hes usually fine I dunno, but yes I found him particularly rude and arrogant. That said, I did admittedly post a thread which may have been appropriate somewhere else, and he does mod AH. But even though I tried to be polite to him and my gripe was relatively minor, he does quite go on the offensive a bit excessively. and although AH is a tough job, it doesnt exactly mean its okay to be rude/ a prick.

Yes I see that, but I was annoyed especially second time around. My point didn't come soon I know or properly, all better for WWM though, Mind thinks faster than I type, but obviously I'm "useless" and can't spell by WWM words as he keeps stressing.

I'm an impaitient person at the best of times. But I hope at this stage I've got my point across. Other's have even said he did for a laugh I guess... Haven said that I see where this is going, and if I didn't respond or report WWM do it again, IMO,

but, I'm not going to let that happen, or better still, it should not have happened. I don't think i over reacted, how ever I did it in the wrong places and worded thing's arseways.. but at least It's no harm in telling a person to " get off his high horse" every now and then.

I mean there loads of Mods.............. I've never benig in petty or hideous situation like this on boards ever. It's a petty matter I know. that. I can forget it, but I don't regret in telling WWM what I think. or telling what was wrong.

Mods don't make user's uncomfortable IMO or be abrupt to them. I have enough respect for a mod, not to be abrupt.

• Advertisement

RuggieBear wrote:
    WWM is rude and arrogant...but more often than not he is right.

lets be a bit more specific here. i mean 51% is more often, than say 49% :)

/more often right than not

wanker

/rude

i am for teh win!

/arrogant

nice :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement