Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reaction from a mod... and want to appeal

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

KatieK wrote:
    Oh come on. So WWM told you to fcuk off, or whatever. In AH thats practically a badge of honour. Get over it!
    The girl with the taglined need to write talks a lot of sense. Cuiusvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare. I've been accused of being patronising too, though rarely if ever by anyone whose opinion should count for anything. WWM runs a tight ship and in my opinion does it pretty well, especially considering the size of the ship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Please no trolling or no unhelpful comments. sooner this petty issue get's sorted the better.

Why is it allowed that a "MOD" won't mention:rolleyes: any names is allowed to tell me
    """"""" off, etc... He said feel free to post another thread about it.. If a poster is not allowed with a big deal, then a mod with no deal is not allowed too. Wouldn't boards be great if we all carried on like this.

I'll admit I didn't let it go to a point. I "waffled" and overeacted but. WWM gave every opportunity for me to react and get annoyed and more likely for himself to get a dig etc.I didn't deserve it. Nobody obviously wants to tone done the tension here. I believe WWM was allowed to speak and keep up the pace, because there is no law to stop abuse here?or am I wrong?

I haven't seen any MOD speak down on a poster as much as he does, or well that's just my experience on here. He did because it suited him, or he was"thick"

He still has no justification for closing my thread. I believe he should at least have A. moved it at least, B. gave a reason.. It was closed almost immeadiatley, "hes in a hurry to close it":rolleyes:.

My poll was about: Did the Munster match did it affect the census in Limerick(i'd even await for Cork or other munster posters), I wanted an AH audience on it, or another general audience. If he gave me the opportunity.I want a wide audience, I believe it was suited there just like, any other random poll topic. I posted it at the time of the census results came out, so it was more relevant. I even had manners about when I posted it. If it was 6 months later then I would see his point more.. He told to me **** off, long before I gave my feedback thread, which was out of line, his response to this "is like a child", I believe he should owe up of his own actions.. I probably looked like a twat for trolling, but that it was not intentional at the time,. He continued to look for an confrontation. I would even admit, I forgot there was a feedback thread:o :D

I wanted to make my point clear that his behaviour was and is still unnacceptable. It probs gave him an "amusing" ego boost. Pretty much sums up what he likes to do most of the time, even despite he runs a busy ship.

Should I, do what he did, go to AH and tell him stfuV"£%$^"$%£$%.. hmm.. sure that's a bit harsh.;) I'm just entitle to attack his post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=51768148&postcount=28
    Is my original view on the matter. I think WWM was blunt and straight to the point as you obviously didnt seem to want to pay attention to what he was trying to tell you.

Asok wrote:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=51768148&postcount=28
    Is my original view on the matter. I think WWM was blunt and straight to the point as you obviously didnt seem to want to pay attention to what he was trying to tell you.

You know maybe your right, but I didn't like his attitude

He didn't explain, as you described he was"blunt"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

WWM does it all the time cos he's been here since the dawn of time (or at least for a few years!), so he knows the admins won't ban him.

Seems to me that he's taking advantage of that fact! Fair play, I'm sure we'd all exploit that situation if we were in it :)

• Advertisement

Ahhh... Now we are getting into perspective. Fair enough if people are willing to put up it. I wouldn't and I'm sure there are others.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

mysterious wrote:
    I probably looked like a twat for trolling
    I'd say WWM is fully in his MOD rights to ban you for this. I'm surprised he just told you to **** off. You got off lightly, tbh, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

First encounter I had with WWM I thought he was a prick, and no doubt thats his opinion of me as well. In fact he said so!

But then you just get to realise thats just the way he is. I dont have a problem with him, hes a good moderator at the end of the day. Yes he is brash, nobody would argue that, probably not even him.
    But dont expect him to like you, just the same as he doesnt expect anyone to like him.

He lets posters get on with AH with a pretty slack rein and isnt dominating or interfering. If you have a problem with anyone on boards, just hit 'ignore'. I love the ignore function. All of your problems just float away....

ps didnt you post here about that thread before?
    pps why do you say you wont mention any names, if his name is in the thread topic?!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

mysterious wrote:
    Ahhh... Now we are getting into perspective. Fair enough if people are willing to put up it. I wouldn't and I'm sure there are others.

Well then start a support group!

Seriously you start a thread in AH just to get more attention for your thread ..... sure if we all did that we'd end up with just one big AH site. I'd have banned you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

He'll call out anyone on anything he doesn't agree with which might aggrivate some people. He isn't "allowed" to do anything wrong though.

• Advertisement

InFront wrote:
    First encounter I had with WWM I thought he was a prick, and no doubt thats his opinion of me as well. In fact he said so!

But then you just get to realise thats just the way he is. I dont have a problem with him, hes a good moderator at the end of the day. Yes he is brash, nobody would argue that, probably not even him.
    But dont expect him to like you, just the same as he doesnt expect anyone to like him.

He lets posters get on with AH with a pretty slack rein and isnt dominating or interfering. If you have a problem with anyone on boards, just hit 'ignore'. I love the ignore function. All of your problems just float away....

pps why do you say you wont mention any name sif his name is in the thread topic?!
    I agree with this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

yeah IMO ya should be banned for what happened

the_syco wrote:
    I'd say WWM is fully in his MOD rights to ban you for this. I'm surprised he just told you to **** off. You got off lightly, tbh, imo.

I was unaware of the feedback thread.... I said this already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Mods have feelings too ya know, OP! Use the ignore feature like a poster above suggested, its wonderful.

I agree with this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

yeah IMO ya should be banned for what happened

Nope I shouldn't In my opinion. I took his advice -i.e take it to feedback... Which again turn out to be nasty.

InFront wrote:

pps why do you say you wont mention any name sif his name is in the thread topic?!

I think your right.

Giblet wrote:
    He'll call out anyone on anything he doesn't agree with which might aggrivate some people. He isn't "allowed" to do anything wrong though.

Do you think that if I told someone to shut the f*ck up, or to f*ck off, whether they deserved it or not, that I would get away with it on boards? WWM has banned me before for doing something similar when some dipsh*t started a thread with the premise being who really gives a sh*t about the tsunami in SE Asia...?

I was considering sacrificing myself for the sake of experiment, by mimicking WWM's insults, but decided that AH would go under without my valuable contribution ;) Maybe someone else will do it... go for it Pighead :p

6th wrote:
    Well then start a support group!

Seriously you start a thread in AH just to get more attention for your thread ..... sure if we all did that we'd end up with just one big AH site. I'd have banned you.

Nope I explained this above, please read my opening post:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Maybe, if they were being idiots. Basically, if you said something along the line of something I would say to a poster, I might put you in my prestegious friends list. Otherwise, ban. Mods call eachother out on **** all of the time.

Giblet wrote:
    Maybe, if they were being idiots. Basically, if you said something along the line of something I would say to a poster, I might put you in my prestegious friends list. Otherwise, ban. Mods call eachother out on **** all of the time.
    Well I won't take that gamble ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

mysterious wrote:
    please read my opening post:rolleyes:

Please read your original feedback thread :rolleyes:

You're just going to get the same responses. You posted an incoherent topic in the wrong forum. Your thread was locked and then you started two more threads about the mod on the AH forum. Thats a no-no and I'm very surprised you didn't get the ban that you deserve.

However, you are not banned. You are free to post on the forum and therefore I don't see what your issue is. You took umbrage at the way in which the mod spoke to you. PM him and discuss it rationally instead af starting multiple threads on the issue in the wrong place like you did on AH.

Seriously mate, you were in the wrong in this instance and you need to get over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

this petty issue

Hmmm....you said it. Plus didn't we have this thread a few days ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

WWM is a bit of a hard b@stard & quite harsh in his dealings with mere mortals sometimes. But you'd have to be when Modding AH. He's even-handed though & you can be sure that he wasn't picking on you especially coz he treats everyone with the same level of disdain.

He put me on the bottom of his Christmas Card list recently - quite a harsh rebuke to what I considered to be a somewhat humourous post. Do you see me wingeing about it? No!

Take it like a man!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

mysterious wrote:
    Please no trolling or no unhelpful comments. sooner this petty issue get's sorted the better.

As far as everyone else (bar yourself) is concerned, this issue has been sorted. You are banned for acting like a complete muppet.

Why are you starting a second thread on this? Are you expecting the result to change? I assure you it won't.

If you cannot be bothered to read the forum charter or take a Mods instructions this is what happens.
    WWM isn't your mother and doesn't have to hold your hand as he leads you through the process.
    Why don't you just take the ban and wait until it's up, you clearly deserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

DaveMcG wrote:
    Do you think that if I told someone to shut the f*ck up, or to f*ck off, whether they deserved it or not, that I would get away with it on boards? WWM has banned me before for doing something similar when some dipsh*t started a thread with the premise being who really gives a sh*t about the tsunami in SE Asia...?

I was considering sacrificing myself for the sake of experiment, by mimicking WWM's insults, but decided that AH would go under without my valuable contribution ;) Maybe someone else will do it... go for it Pighead :p

actually, id ban you for saying it to someone else, but i dont think i have ever banned anyone for swearing at me or calling me names.
    maybe its becuase people would think i was 'abusing' my powers :)

by the way mysterious, this is the 2nd thread you ahve started here on this subject, you keep putting it into threads on AH, and i am wondering where you are going with this.

i still think youre a crank caller and a troll, and as such, im just going to ban you from the AH forum at this stage.

if you have an issue with me, take it to me directly. i will still tell you to **** off, but at that point, im not entirely sure about what you can do about it.
    you appear to be the one with the persistant problem here.

i think most people have pretty much hit the nail on the head. yes, i am straight talking, and no, i dont need to hold your hand and mother you. if you dont like my style of doing things, then apologies to you, but youre just going to have to deal with it. if that means leaving this site becuase your feelings are hurt, i duggest you pack everything and dont come back.
    if on the other hand, you can get over it, then keep posting.

by the way, i do have one question, if everyone came back and said i was out of liine, would you have won a small emotional victory, or would anything have changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

didn't this happen a month ago or something?

get over it. it's not the end of the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

InFront wrote:
    If you have a problem with anyone on boards, just hit 'ignore'.

Very bad advice IMHO.
    It would be very foolish to put a mod on your ignore list and then go and post in his/her forums. You would not see any moderating comments directed towards you and as a result of not following advice/instructions could find yourself banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

This is simply a continutation of your last thread, so I am merging the two threads for tidyness.

In both instances you asked for reactions about wwmans behaviour.

A summary of posters reactions:

more than 50% wwman was right
    less than 50% wwwman was wrong

Please do not start another thread here unless you have something new to say, I feel that particular subject is closed, you have had your say.

If you feel there is more to be said on the subject, please take it directly to wwman or to me.

Thread merged.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement