Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate SG:1 - 10x02 - Morpheus [SPOILERS]

• 21-07-2006 11:56pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So then Stargatians - what did you make of this, episode 196?

What Did You Think of Stargate: SG-1 - 10x02 - Morpheus? 29 votes

Amazing episode - I believe in S10
    0%
    Good episode - We're starting up nicely
    6%
    DingChavezmadmike18 2 votes
    Average - Not lightin' up my Ha'tak, but it'll do
    37%
    Mr ECatsmokinpotixoyUser45701mobsenordingdongdan99989Sparkocotwolddemanrobnubis 11 votes
    Poor - Defintetely worried about this show
    41%
    IvanbkehoeAsokPugsleyWintersjor elPeacethelordofcheesealastair_doomis_that_soInfiniKojak 12 votes
    Please... kill it....
    13%
    VenomVulturebada_bingNukem 4 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

I remember one of the actors from a previous episode where he played a desperate scientist who wanted to turn back time and just ended up causes a time loop among a local group of systems..

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Vulture

Please... kill it....
    Good episode's should cause insomnia not cure it. The only good parts involved Vala, though since i'm rewatching farscape it's slightly confusing as "Vala" and "Mitchel" are main characters in that aswell.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Decent enough - I enjoyed Vala's psychology test as it showed some decent character insight. More Wolsey again... how are these two show's timeframes operating anyway?

The main A-plot was fairly typical fare and it didn't really push the arc much, other than to give them an obvious excuse for a hopefully decent crossover next week. Still all the characters had their bit to play so can't complain too much.

Reasonably satisfied, but not exubrant. We'll see how it goes form here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Good episode as ixoy said should be good cross over next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Virus of the week. :rolleyes: . There've been an awful lot of these since the Ori showed up. It was just OK but I really couldn't see the point of it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I was just thinkin there No Baal or Furlings yet i dont see furlings comming till the end of the season, and it probbley will happen cause allot of people just see a simple prediction for the end of the season ancients or another ancient weapon found that why i think furlings at the end to throw us off.

As for Baal lets hope we see him in the next few weeks i was expecting him to commit even 1 mothership to the ori battle and when carter was floating in space back in episode 1001 i have to say i reley thought she would be ringed aboard baals cloaked cargo ship

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

Pretty boring episode, the whole point of which seems to have been to let Jackson find the word Atlantis in some book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

User45701 wrote:
    I was just thinkin there No Baal or Furlings yet i dont see furlings comming till the end of the season, and it probbley will happen cause allot of people just see a simple prediction for the end of the season ancients or another ancient weapon found that why i think furlings at the end to throw us off.

How the hell is that trowing us off the same ending for the past few years? its just replaceing one anicent weapon/race with another ffs.

Really sg1 writers for once just use the asguard their powerful smart and resourceful we dont need yet another super weapon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Please... kill it....
    Good god that episode was dire. The Vala bits bore the crap out of me now and the writers have ruined what was once an interesting character with the same overuse of lame ass gags.

The main SG1 plotline has droped from being pretty interesting from last week, to the pure dross of the last season. Morpheus was probley one of the worst episode of all time as even the old bad episodes had Jack in them to entertain the viewers.

Morpheus or random SG1 script #23566546

Re-use old plot to put the whole team in danger - Check
    Craptastic TV reference from Bower - Check
    Characters just introduced that will be dead in 30 min - Check
    Off screen deus ex machina ending - Check

This show is not on my watch only for old times sake list and maybe the season 7+ curse is true for sci fi shows :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Please... kill it....
    It was boring unimaginative and off the boil. Ended too quickly ....etc....hope it gets better

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Was anyone expecting the scene where SG1 were back at the SGC to be a dream or something like that? Finished up way too fast, they could have made it a two parter or something. All in all, average :(

edit: dream, not dreap :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Please... kill it....
    jor el wrote:
    Was anyone expecting the scene where SG1 were back at the SGC to be a dreap or something like that? Finished up way too fast, they could have made it a two parter or something. All in all, average :(

I was expecting "to be continued" to flash up on the screen and Valla to save the rest of the team to prove herself to SG command or something in the next episode. But sadly the writers went down a different path :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Yeah, the whole "introduce a character with a convenient back story, just so we can kill them off this episode" is incredibly poor writing and makes for terrible television. This was no exception.

Not to mention a microscopic bug transforming into an organism 1,000 times its size in just a matter of hours...
    Nor how the creature survived it all...
    And the atypical "teal'c saves the day through his sheer hardiness".. blah.
    Roll on Atlantis :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

why was it called Morpheus? like whaaa?

anyway, decent episode, really seemed a bit pointless, i was waiting for that female ancient to attack them or something that involved shooting/action instead of sleeping and ehhhh....sleeping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

*yawn* [hehehehe, play on words]

This episode has been done so man freakin times....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Good episode - We're starting up nicely
    robnubis wrote:
    why was it called Morpheus? like whaaa?

anyway, decent episode, really seemed a bit pointless, i was waiting for that female ancient to attack them or something that involved shooting/action instead of sleeping and ehhhh....sleeping.

Morpheus is the God of Dreams/Sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Vulture

Please... kill it....
    DingChavez wrote:
    Morpheus is the God of Dreams/Sleep.

Just to be pedantic I'll point out Hypnos is the god of sleep his son Morpheus is the god of dreams. Those Greeks they had a god for every thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Yeah, I can see why people thought the main plot was dull, and I guess it was, but I was interested throughout...I guess I just thought that what was happening were things that were going to be used again...such as that parasite, (like the Ori bugs from last year) or the lizzard or something to be found in the caves. Speaking of which, are we ever going to see those bugs again? They were clearly good for another one or two episodes. Secondly...when the helld are we going to get closure on that "cut the green wire" thing from last year?!?!
    I hated having Robin Mossley in it...I know the recycle their actors alot but when both of the charcters had so much screen time in their respective episodes, and his previous episode was a fan favourite, it was just ridiculous.
    Also, must say, good to see Teal'c's being hard saving the day again.

So...dull, but entertaining.

Just to ad, I didn't like any of Vala's parts, well one or two of her jokes were funny early on the episode, but like anything that is over done, it get's old quickly.
    I also hated Mitchell's joke about 'Deuce Bigalo', but like his 'Monty Python' joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Just to ad, I didn't like any of Vala's parts, well one or two of her jokes were funny early on the episode, but like anything that is over done, it get's old quickly.
    I also hated Mitchell's joke about 'Deuce Bigalo', but like his 'Monty Python' joke.

Have to agree with you there - I thought at the beginning of the episode that Vala had toned down her sex jokes but, alas, old habits die hard. :(

I cringed when Mitchell made those Duece Bigallo jokes - he is not Jack O'Neill (He at least would have said something funny) and this constant thing od making Mitchell into O'Neill is seriously annoying. If the writers made him into his own character, then he might be OK. He is a lot like Ronan on Atlantis - a poor knock-off of a classic origional.

The episode was average enough - took an awful long time to get going and then, again, finished a bit too quick.

Advertisement