Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate: Atlantis - 3x02 - Misbegotten [SPOILERS]

• 22-07-2006 12:00am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It's episode 42 of the show - is it the answer to life, the universe, and everything? Or is it a steaming Unas turd?

What Did You Think of Stargate: Atlantis - 3x02 - Misbegotten? 24 votes

At last Atlantis is at an Amazing Instance
    0%
    Good, good, yes all is good
    12%
    Pugsleydan99989madmike18 3 votes
    S'okay I suppose
    50%
    VenomKarl HungusbkehoeGerardKeatingCatsmokinpotPeaceUser45701thelordofcheeseDingChavezdemanKojakrobnubis 12 votes
    Weaker than a Wasted Wraith
    29%
    Vulturejor elixoySooner or Lateralastair_doomis_that_soSparko 7 votes
    I turned the monitor/TV off half-way through: FACT!
    8%
    Winterssenordingdong 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

S'okay I suppose
    It was ok, they did seem to cop out on the action scenes.

-The fight with the human wraith on the ground.
    -The fight with the hive ship and their escape.

Seems they just left them out because they didn't want to waste their budget or something.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I agree that they seemed to skimp a bit on budget - no real surprise after last week's SFXtravaganza. There was also a bit of a jump between saying they needed to free the Wraith to suddenly cutting to the de-Wraithed camp. It's something that's often happening in the SG universe but still a little tiring.

Weir's plot wasn't as good this week - too much politcking and always knew Wolsey would come down on their side of things.

McKay didn't have the great wit - although I did like his "we're all hungry" line as it was quite thoughtful.

Michael is clearly not gone - which is good. He's the best single villain the show has had and gives it possibly its own Apophis, something lacking thusfar.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Vulture

One thing i did like alot was the quick decision to wipe out the 100 or so remaining humans on the planet. Their human now but their not real humans is what their saying. When their was one real human on the planet they would not fire. This is a good thing it makes the show a little bit darker and makes me hope to believe they could actually tackle some really evil choices in the future.
    Now that i think about it they killed a bunch of defencless people when only 1/5 of them were a threat simple for the information they possesed, none of that star trek junk of always finding the perfect solution. It's a step in the right direction for a slightly fluffy show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

kind of a disappointment...

i ALWAYS get SG1 before Atlantis. Except this week...

The atlantis season opener was much better than the SG1 opener,
    and i though they had a cliff hanger ending last week (apparently not tho).

Didnt like the open ended feel to the ep... where we really dont know what happened. If Michael survived, surely some of the other 140+ survived. And how come michael was the only one without grey hair?

Think i'll be getting SG1 first from now on again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

S'okay I suppose
    oh comeon what do u mean no sfx u want all sfx at the start of the season? u wold just be moaing cause no big end of season battle if they use up all there budget now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Was OK. Thought it could have been better paced. Open-ended can be good and lead to more interesting plots or it could dig them into a hole - ie "Here's Michael and his gang again" . It is a bit reminiscent of Ford hanging around last season for no particular reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

S'okay I suppose
    ixoy wrote:
    I agree that they seemed to skimp a bit on budget - no real surprise after last week's SFXtravaganza. There was also a bit of a jump between saying they needed to free the Wraith to suddenly cutting to the de-Wraithed camp. It's something that's often happening in the SG universe but still a little tiring.

Weir's plot wasn't as good this week - too much politcking and always knew Wolsey would come down on their side of things.

McKay didn't have the great wit - although I did like his "we're all hungry" line as it was quite thoughtful.

Michael is clearly not gone - which is good. He's the best single villain the show has had and gives it possibly its own Apophis, something lacking thusfar.
    I dont know because one would assume that if micheal surived i doubt he would stay solo and if he got into or controll of another hive then one would assume another full scale attack on atlantis, i dont know if they could make micheal into a apophis enemy because of the sze of the wraith forces

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

Thought this was a good episode, was looking forward to more plot re their new hive-ship though... that didn't last very long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭madmike18

Good, good, yes all is good
    it was a great episode

i wonder what micheal will do now

he seems like a good guy as he helped them out alot

it would have been great if he stayed at atlantis and help them to defeat the wraith

but i wonder what he will do }

they might not be allowed to join the wraith again because of what happened to them

but we will see soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

S'okay I suppose
    Good episode, hopefully Trip..i mean Michael is back later in the season, he could turn out to be the face of the Wraith, the big bad guy who could have been an ally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I turned the monitor/TV off half-way through: FACT!
    I felt this was even poorer (story-wise) then last week. But at least last weeks episode had plenty of action and SFX to make up for it.
    The dilema of the human Wraith is a poor one but that's the road they went down when they did this retro-virus thing.
    Yet again, Woelsy makes an appearance in both shows, as the same person, but a seemingly different character. And again, the Ori threat is ignored.
    This wouldn't bother me so much if they just said the shows were running on different timelines or whatever.
    Something else that bugged me was how non of the Wraith deteced Teyla in orbit, nevermind when she was 'sneaking' up on them...then there's the matter of how easy those Wraith went down.
    I'm also not happy with how easily Hive ships are being destroyed now, that must be half of the Wraith fleet gone. This bugs me because it's another tid bit in how they're dangerously watering down the Wraith...the enemy that defeated the Ancients.
    I saw some improvment in Ronin but that's probably becasue some skills were actually put to use and he didn't just grunt and moan about the Wraith.

All I can say in favour of these types of stories is that they are less predictable but the end 'twist' wreaked of the writers trying to dig themselves out of a dodgy hole they dugfor themselves.

Also, when Beckitt was beamed aboard the Hive, what was it Michael said?
    Was he hinting at something they might have done to Beckit?

Ultimatly I found this episode dissapointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

S'okay I suppose
    I found this episode to be OK. It was sort of predictible that the Human/Wraith colony were going to fond out who they were eventually. I just thought that it was strange that the others would listen to Michael, given the fact that they wouldn't listen to him when he was on-board the hive ship.

One good point about this episode was that Sheppard's team were not beamed out of the Wraith Hive ship at the last second - this seems to be a trend of escaping in the last season or 2 of Stargate.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 dcx122

was just wondering guys if the 10th episode was the last one in the season or was it the last one forever as thats the last one i saw and the ending was a real cliffhanger.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

dcx122 wrote:
    was just wondering guys if the 10th episode was the last one in the season or was it the last one forever as thats the last one i saw and the ending was a real cliffhanger.
    Why are you asking this in a thread about the second episode? :confused:
    A cursory look would have told you that the second half of S3 of SG:A (i.e. the next 10 episodes) will air in the US in March (and potentially earlier elsewhere in the world, most likely on Sky One). S4 will then begin later in 2007.

Advertisement