Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enrolment

Options
  • 22-07-2006 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

can anyone help me i'm trying to find out how to enroll my daughter (5) into primary school in our new area. (just moved to dublin 8 from uk) i've tried contacting the school but had no answer due to holidays how will i get her a place in primary before september?:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

All the schools re-open this year on 28th or 29th August.

I'm surprised there isn't anyone at all in your local primary school at the moment - just because the kids aren't there doesn't mean there isn't lots to do.

You could go in at the end of August. There may be teachers in the school that day for a meeting, or try the week beforehand. Unless your local school is over-subscribed there should be no problem adding your child in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Miss UK

Thank :)

I'll try calling again and keep having a look about the school. Do u have any idea about school fee for this area?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Standard primary schools do not charge fees. I'm not a parent so I don't know what the registration fee is, but I don't think it would be much - under 100 euro?
    They cannot use that as grounds not to enrol your child.

Do you have any neighbours you could ask? Might be a conversation starter if you are new to the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Just over €100 per year afaik.

Thanks that helps alot, still not got a hold of the school i'm currently in the uk right now but i'll be over in a couple of days so hopefully get a hold of the school then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Most schools will want a "voluntary" contribution towards materials.

ok thanks for all ur help. managed to get intouch with the school so fingers crossed theres places.:)

Advertisement