Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Life in John Robert Square

• 22-07-2006 1:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭

Did anyone see the Pro Life group of about 20 males and females in John Robert Square on Thursday afternoon?

I was in the city centre between 4pm - 5pm with my children and I was horrified by the very graphic pictures of abortions. The place was busy as well. They were in Barronstrand st and near the steps in John Robert Square.

The most sickening thing for me was seeing them giving out balloons to children and then when the children and parents went to get the balloons they couldn't miss seeing the enlarged graphic photos.

Did anyone else see it?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

This always pisses me off, its almost always a majority male camp when it comes to those pro-life crowds,

People just need to trust people to bloody look after their own lives instead of trying to scare them and guilt them....I did'nt seen this scene on Thursday I have to say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

They kept asking me to sign it while I sat down eating my lunch, really annoyed me. I told them at first I didn't agree...

The photos were a terrible idea. In all fairness, we could put up a photo of heart surgery or anything, and get the same response.

Maybe pro-choice should stick up posters of kids having terrible lives, being unloved and uncared... Bet the media would see that in a different light...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well I guess they diff between graphic heart surgery and abortion pix is that the former is saving a life....I agree about the general point though. People tend to know thier own minds on issues like this they dont need battering about the head with placards.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

I really hate these guys. They want to bully and shock people into agreeing with them. They've been in Dublin for years and I've always felt like "doing something" to those horrible pictures that they wheel out again and again. It pisses me off to hear that the vermin are in Waterford now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

merlante wrote:
    I really hate these guys. They want to bully and shock people into agreeing with them.

exactly, couldn't agree more. propaganda is all it is. i despise them. fair enough, they have a stance on abortion but going out showing aboted foetuses like that is sick.

i've seen them in waterford last year and i think in previous years too. last year they approached me to sign their petition or whatever, i asked them what they thought about rape victims who become pregnant, that shut them up anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Whatever about their own personal opinions on abortion it was the handing balloons out to young children that I found the most offensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

deisemum wrote:
    Whatever about their own personal opinions on abortion it was the handing balloons out to young children that I found the most offensive.

That's sick all right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

deisemum wrote:

disgracefull. I presume they were plain balloons? They didn't have any emblems or organisation names on them did they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

These lunatics piss me off too. Why do up to 10,000 women travel to UK each year- because for whatever reason a child is not for them at that particualr time; there are so many different reasons really.
    An Irish solution to an Irish problem; bury our heads in the sand and pretent that holy Ireland doesn't have abortions.No we do what we od best; export the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You know how the government likes to go BIG on bashing Britain over Nuclear power? Maybe London should have word with the Irish about exporting abortions!

Mike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement