Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Problem with fiesta

Options
  • 22-07-2006 2:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hey,
    Pretty new to the site, Having a bit of a major problem with my 97 lx fiesta:mad: (Every so often 5 times last 3 days) When I go to slow down from speed the revs start to go really high. sounds as if the car is about to blow. I have to switch the car off to stop the problem. Just refilled the oil, which was quite low, thought that may have been the problem, didn't appear to help:( any ideas would be really helpful.
    Cheers
    B:confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I think dirt in the throttle body could cause this? You really want to bring it to a good mechanic, if that's what it is then cleaning out the throttle body is not expensive. When was the car last serviced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 BillyR

It got a quickie service just last april before Nct. Not sure when before that. I reckon i'll have to get it checked by a pro asap. Thing is it just comes and goes so just when you think it's gone it happens again. Cheers for the advice. :)

Advertisement