Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Great American Bash card falling apart

• 22-07-2006 9:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

From the observer site:

Bobby Lashley has been pulled from Sunday's Great American Bash in Indianpolis due to an elevated enzyme count in his liver. He is currently on a medical suspension pending further evaluations.

Lashley was scheduled in a three-way for the U.S. title with new champ Fit Finlay and William Regal. The match will now be Finlay vs. Regal in a singles match for the title.

With Lashley and Mark Henry both off the show in the past few days, that was likely the impetus in the as yet announced decision to feature some ECW talent on Sunday's show. This led to the decision earlier today to pull the weekend ECW house shows.

And later on :

Big Show will replace Great Khali on Sunday, against The Undertaker, in the Punjabi Prison match. Khali also has a diseased liver and is expected to be taken off the road.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

Jesus, I thought it was bad when I heard that Lashley couldn't wrestle, but now Khali!! Ah well, Big Show has more ability than him anyway..

still though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

**** YEAH!! While it's sad that Lashley can't wrestle..it's Finlay vs Regal for a title on a ppv! Never ever thought I'd get to see that! I'm really lookin forward to this now!

The Punjabi prison match doesn't make much sense now. Bet this ****s up a lot of people's fantasy teams!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Fozzy wrote:
    it's Finlay vs Regal for a title on a ppv!

much better now than it was imo

I was still lookin forward to the triple threat, but they can be a bit hit and miss. Finlay and Regal can work very well together, and they won't have to bother with tryin to get Lashley over at all. It would be excellent if this could lead to some sort of feud. And then get Benoit involved when he comes back..I can dream!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

when i voted on wwe. com, i voted the lashley, regal and finlay match as the one i wanted to see most. i am not a fan of lashleys but witth him gone that match will not be the same.
    hey fozzy i think all the top 5 teams had lashley. we were the only two to pick big show and thats good for us. luck.

• Advertisement

The match won't be the same, but it'll be a lot better I think. I'm lookin forward to this ppv more than any other so far this year

Don't know why more people didn't pick Big Show, he was obviously goin to retain his title in the main event specialty match, that's obviously a load of points

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

WOW I can't remember the last time this happened to a WWE PPV and at such short notice aswell. It will definitly affect buyrates but to be honest, theres a good chance that it could actually be a little bit better. I mean, replacing Henry with Kenedy is way better. Show for Khali is better although the match doesnt really make much sense now but if the match is good, then it doesn't matter. Now the triple threat, I thought, was looking good from the beginning but now i'm really looking forward to a possible 'Ireland V. England' feud. It would be great! With Ireland coming out on top of course! Just thinking about it, they should have a flag match for that. Just to make things interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

:eek: Is it just me or is SD getting a hell of a lot of injured ppl these year. While ppl on RAW seem to be alright. I mean the list of infured ppl is gettin longer all the time it seems. SD is also the show where you hear alot about backstage fights and arguement also. Something has to be wrong there imo.

Finlay vs regal should be a good match btw. Taker Vs Bigshow? ppl are going to notice the difference :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I'm looking forward to the Regal/finlay clash. With the two as heels Im interested to see who the crowd will get behind. Will Little Bastard get a pop? If given the right amount of time it could be match of the night easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Zip

why is everyone saying that undertaker is facing big show at the GAB?hes facing Khali!

edit:sorry i just read about it on nodq.com!the GAB is gonna be crap!

• Advertisement

Zip wrote:
    edit:sorry i just read about it on nodq.com!the GAB is gonna be crap!

How?! Mark Henry and Khali, the two worst wrestlers on SD, are off it. Straight away that makes it much better. The triple-threat US title match had a lot of potential, but now with Finlay and Regal, it's become the best match on the card! I'm really lookin forward to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Match quality should be better with all the withdrawals. The ppv buy rate is where the WWE will suffer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

Match quality should be better with all the withdrawals. The ppv buy rate is where the WWE will suffer.

i think the wwe will be expecting that. heck if it wasnt for the fact that it's free i wouldnt be watching it

first ppv that was free which i didn't watch. Was tried but still couldn't be even bothered to tape it. Kinda sick of Smackdown tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

From Rajah.com
    As we reported earlier, Super Crazy was originally scheduled to face Gregory Helms at last night’s Great American Bash PPV, however, was removed from the active roster citing liver problems.

Is there some sort of trend with wrestlers being out because of liver problems??

Well, that makes 3 of them, possibly Kid Kash too. I wouldn't say it's a trend, I'd imagine they all had some problem, however severe, for a while, but it was only detected because WWE did an annual examination recently

Stalfos wrote:
    first ppv that was free which i didn't watch. Was tried but still couldn't be even bothered to tape it. Kinda sick of Smackdown tbh.

You disappoint me! The first hour or so (first 3 matches) was the best opening to a ppv ever. As far as I can remember anyway. Someone try prove me wrong

sry but crap build up = dont care. Kinda wanted to see what the punami cage thing looked like and Finlay vs Regal but that was about it.

Possible some of the superstars could have been posioned i'd say. Too many of them out with liver problems.

Nah, that'd be too much of a coincidence. They get poisoned right before their annual test?

The tag match and Hardy vs Helms were both great matches too

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Yeah I highly doubt that there would be any chance of poisoning. I wonder is it due their work out regimes? Maybe they train too hard and put too much pressure on the body causing the body to try and keep up by producing more enzymes etc. Only a guess.

Dissapointed with Regal Finlay match. It could have been so much better if they really put their minds to it.

Tag match, helms hardy match, batista kennedy match and the title match were all good however. Pretty solid PPV in my mind.

What was up with that sign that read: 'If Chris Benoit shows up, we riot!'. Does somebody really hate Chris Benoit to the point that he/she are blind to the fact that ALOT of people really respect Benoit? Some people eh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

What was up with that sign that read: 'If Chris Benoit shows up, we riot!'. Does somebody really hate Chris Benoit to the point that he/she are blind to the fact that ALOT of people really respect Benoit? Some people eh.

I'd imagine it's something to do with ECW, people at ons2 had signs saying "if cena wins, we riot" ... .or something to that effect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Just read the following on ProWrestling.Com:
    Although anabolic steroids could be an explanation for the string of high liver enzyme tests coming in for the WWE SmackDown! lockerroom, there is reportedly a greater fear that the wrestlers' tests results are due to Hepatitis C.

There is absolutely nothing to confirm that's the case right now, but due to the highly contagious nature of the diseases, it's certainly a concern for the lockerroom.

As of this writing, Super Crazy, Bobby Lashley and The Great Khali had all been pulled from the road due to high liver enzyme counts. Khali was only a hair above the "normal" range, so he could be on his way back soon.

Lashley and Crazy, however, were said to be "off the charts" with their test results, and will undergo further evaluations to diagnose the problem.

WWE.com is saying that Lashley has been cleared to wrestle now. Seems like the only event he actually missed was a ppv title match!

Advertisement