Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Log book queries

Options
  • 22-07-2006 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

I bought a car from my friend, its a '91 so the log book is fairly old. But there's no room for me to enter my name and address on the book (there were 6 previous owners)...
    Does anyone kno how I go about getting an extended log book page or something??
    I know i can apply for a replacement book for 12euro but I think thats just if the book is lost/stolen.
    I'v tried ringing the motor tax office but they just put me on hold for 20 minutes and never answer!! :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

From the www.motortax.ie site

https://www.motortax.ie/mtoapp/pdf/RF200_en.pdf

Also check the FAQ > A7

At a quess you just send them the logbook with the form and they return you a new logbook. Bang it off in the post to the Tax office in your Administritive area (seeing as Dublin has imaginery Counties :rolleyes:) and let them sort it out.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Yes, the Tax Office will staple an extra page onto the book or issued a new book.

Ideally, you should ask them to return the old book if they do issue you a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭sullivk

Thanx! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

They wont issue a new book, they will send you back one of the current type forms, Vehicle Registration/Licensing cert !

If you want to keep the logbook you may have to go in person !

Advertisement