Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Future?

• 22-07-2006 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭

So i just got the Firefly boxset after seeing the movie a good while back, juts go tit on dvd too, im in love with the show and movie now, are there any plans for a new season or movie to be made?

Seriously, Joss Whedon should continue the story arc somehow.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭Fence

No plans. Serenity didn't make enough money to ensure a sequel, so this is it I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Daelus

No plans for another series or movie, I'm afraid. But if you haven't already checked it out - there's a comic bridging the gap between the series and the film. Apparently another comic series is in the works, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I'm inclined to think Joss hasn't given up hope completely for it, because I think that when he does he'll tell us Books backstory, what was with Inara and those needles, all the loose ends he left in the series. When he leaks those, that's the day i give up on Firefly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Daelus

Oh, I agree. Completely. I just meant there are no concrete plans currently.

There aren't even styrofoam plans currently =(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

Well i heard he wont work with Fox again anyway (with good premise, after they cancelled Angel and Firefly) but i was hoping myself that if DVD sales were good it could prompt a sequel.

I heard something a while back about them making a straight to tv/dcd sequel, not sure if anything happened with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

Well the thing is, ive done some research, Fox still have the TV rights, so movies are the only way to go, hopefully Universal have some money they can spend it on something worthwhile, i mean serenity cost 40mil, thats nothing...i'd say if all goes well with Whedon's adaption of Wonder woman, he might have some more leverage to make a sequel t Serenity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Mrs Roy Keane

I hope there is a follow up. The series and film are doing well in dvd sales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

Speaking of which, where's the best place to pick up the firefly boxset? I saw it for €25 in HMV on grafton street a couple months back and I'm kicking myself for not just getting it then, was looking in Virgin in the Dundrum centre and they didn't have it there.

I've only seen the film so far, but I'm also a huge Buffy/Angel fan, I just know I'll love it... and Mal cracked me up from the very first time I saw the film trailer...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

I ordered mine from Amazon, 19 sterling, the movie is only 6 sterling or so.
    Of course I ordered both.....

Amazing series, really funny. I hope we get another season or 2!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Now I don't know what to do!!

BSG season 2, Firefly box set and Serenity all just landed on my desk at the same time.

Maybe I should just go home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I just finsihed watching the series and the 1 thing that annoyed me the most was the lack of books back story.

i saw someone talk about dvd sales bringing the show back? it happened with family guy was cancelled but after years of great dvd sales fox brought it back. personley im buying the dvd set same as i did family guy anything i can do to help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Yep, they got the movie Serenity made from the DVD sales. After Fire fly was canned, Joss said he'd never go near fox again. Fox are holding the TV rights to be ass wipes. So no chance of an other season. Only thing we could ever hope for is mini series or movies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

ye ive noticed fox are a bunch of ***** alright others shows aswel family guy cancelled after season 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Mrs Roy Keane

elven wrote:
    Speaking of which, where's the best place to pick up the firefly boxset? I saw it for €25 in HMV on grafton street a couple months back and I'm kicking myself for not just getting it then, was looking in Virgin in the Dundrum centre and they didn't have it there.

I've only seen the film so far, but I'm also a huge Buffy/Angel fan, I just know I'll love it... and Mal cracked me up from the very first time I saw the film trailer...

CD WOW it is quiet cheap their website is ww.cdwow.ie and free delivery. HMV is the other only place i've seen it for sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭iguana

There were rumours that Sci-Fi had initiated talks to make a series of tv movies. To them it's win:win as they know if they make them they'll get the viewers. But I don't know what the deal is with Fox's rights and I think for the moment Wonder Woman comes first for Joss.

I doubt we've seen the end of Firefly, just take one look at the awful piece of crap that was Buffy the Vampire Slayer the movie. It's a testament to Joss's powers of perseverance that he ever worked again after that, never mind got the concept renewed to make 7 successful series of the same name and 5 of a spin-off.

He has nothing if not moxy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

Just as a wee note - they are starting to show firefly on the sci fi channel, the first one was on last night (Sunday) and the rest will be on Thursdays at 9pm!!! Woo hoo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

If it were to happen they'd have a problem getting the cast together as they have mostly moved on. then there is the fact that the show wouldn't be quite the same without Book or Wash.

Advertisement