Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Billing, its happened again.

13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I'm not entirely sure about that I believe its the SCC (District Court) where the respondents HQ or registered Office is based . Otherwise Ryanair would be top of Aer Aranns airmiles table :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

hmm, I am not sure its that simple.

I think you may submit the form (claim) locally but the hearing could be in a different location

it is simple in the sense that you can just present the evidence yourself in plain english and not have lawyers and ****e and hanging around .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

yet again the point is being missed with regard to the DD's being presented to the banks.

the bank is not at fault the way things stand at present.

when you cancel a DD from BT with your bank, BT do not re-present the same DD, but a brand new one with their fantastic time saving paperless DD system.

nobody has signed this new DD, nobody has ever even seen it as best i can tell. it just whizzes through the ether from one computer to another and lo and behold you lose some cash and BT gain some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭eircomtribunal

vibe666 wrote:
    yet again the point is being missed with regard to the DD's being presented to the banks.

the bank is not at fault the way things stand at present.

when you cancel a DD from BT with your bank, BT do not re-present the same DD, but a brand new one with their fantastic time saving paperless DD system.

nobody has signed this new DD, nobody has ever even seen it as best i can tell. it just whizzes through the ether from one computer to another and lo and behold you lose some cash and BT gain some.
    Ah, ffs will you stop. You go to your bank, tell your bank not to pay out this unauthorised DD, or reimburse this unauthorised DD. That is where the buck stops.
    As an originator, if I had your bank account nr and bank branch number, I could put in a first DD request and draw money from your account. If I did so, or if my muddled up accounting system would do so, you would not have to deal with me. You just told your bank to reimburse you. Full stop. Your bank will deal with me as the originator, will ask me for your consent and other things.
    Just get over the fact that, according to anecdotal evidence on boards, some bank did not play to the rules.
    P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Don't be stupid. Nothing is more damaging to BT than the gremlins in their billing system. BT certainly have billing issues, they know that and I know that they certainly try to iron them out.
    In my experience they are dealing with and resolving the individual cases. While it is a hassle (I know it from my own experience. As chance would have it we just got a BT bill last week over € -0.01 and we aren't BT customers since a long time.) for the individual – and the anger is voiced in the posts – I have seldom seen that posters acknowledged when the issues were resolved.

If I could avail of BT's loss-leader broadband offer (broadband for an extra tenner per month above the line rental), I would do so anytime.

P.

I am an ex BT customer and no matter how cheap they are I would never buy anything from them again. I had the non-billing issue about 2 years ago though fortunately it was on dialup so I wasn't landed with a huge bill when they did get things right eventually.

However the problems started again after I cancelled (by which time I had moved to BB). Even though it was technically cheaper to put eveything through BT i stayed with my existing telephony company out of fear of the billing problem. I was right. A month after I cancelled they took another 2 months payment out of my account. I have cancelled the DD but have been battling for my money back ever since.

Last time I spoke to them I was told a cheque was sent on 21st July. By 1st August I didn't receive this cheque but according to BT this can take "3 weeks" to arrive. Now the postal service in Ireland has deteriorated a lot in recent years but not to such an extent that a letter posted in Dublin takes 3 weeks to get to Cork! I will give them 3 weeks and once thats happened I will take my case straight to Comreg.

NEVER EVER EVER again. I don't care how cheap they are or how good the BB service is, I am never going with BT again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Scruff wrote:
    Could a class action law suit be taken against them or some sort of legal action that would give them really bad publicity and force them to sort out there horrendous billing system??

Especially in the case where someone has ceased to be a customer and BT continue to take money from their account. Is this not stealing or at the very least gross negligence and dereliction of duty to honour a cessation request???

When I complained about BT continuing to take DDs (its only happened once but reading this thread its sounding quite disturbing as it looks as if just cancelling the DD may not even be enough to stop it happening again) after cancelling my account, I was told by customer services that nobody had closed the billing account. The service was stopped, however they didn't stop billing me, seems like the wild west is alive and well and living in BT somewhere.

Strangely enough I went for an interview 5 years ago for the data centre that hosts the billing computer system. Didn't get the job though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

A quick update on this:

BT sent us a letter. They reviewed our bills for the last two years and discovered we were being charged for a call bar on a voive service that we weren't subscribed to. As a gesture of goodwill, they reduced the outstanding balance to €300. Gotta say that is a fair bit of goodwill and personally I'm chuffed.

So a big thanks to all that pm'd me advice and a big thanks to surveys for raising the issue with BT :D

All the best,

Darren

Advertisement