Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Ajax - Dennis Bergkamp Testimonial (TG4/CH5) contains scores...

• 22-07-2006 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭

So today is the day Arsenal fans get to say goodbye to one of the best players of all time, and one of the first big foreign stars to grace the Premiership. Also today is the day Arsenal fans get their first glimpse of the brand new Ashburton Grove 'Emirates Stadium'.
    Saturday’s friendly will be a game of two halves; the current Arsenal and Ajax squad contesting the first, all-time XIs from the two clubs contesting the second. Ian Wright, Patrick Vieira and Johan Cruyff are confirmed, a host of big names will join them

It will be good to see Vieira back for a visit and wearing the red again, and of course the fantastic Ian Wright Wright Wright.

Kick off 5pm, live on TG4 in Ireland and Channel 5 in the UK.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Looking forward to this :)

Nice of TG4 to air it also!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Pacifico wrote:
    Looking forward to this :)

Nice of TG4 to air it also!

It's great that our national cultural telvision station is showing such traditional sporting events as the Tour de France, Wimbeldon, Aussie Rules and now Soccer. Makes you proud of your culture doesn't it?

Why they don't show GAA on TG4 i will never know. (not commented in Irish). It's an Irish Sport and should be shown on a TV station claiming to be promoting Irish culture). Sorry for going OT.

I will be watching this nonetheless. Can't wait to see the Stadium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

It's great that our national cultural telvision station is showing such traditional sporting events as the Tour de France, Wimbeldon, Aussie Rules and now Soccer. Makes you proud of your culture doesn't it?

Why they don't show GAA on TG4 i will never know. (not commented in Irish). It's an Irish Sport and should be shown on a TV station claiming to be promoting Irish culture). Sorry for going OT.

I thought they did...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Eh they do show some GAA on TG4, and its in Irish.

Prehaps the selection today was an attempt to get some viewers ;)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Van Der Saar playing, I wonder how long he'll stay on for!

Overmars there too, no surprise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Van Der Saar playing, I wonder how long he'll stay on for!

Overmars there too, no surprise.
    Where you getting the lineups from?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

I'm watching the opening ceremony, VDS was in the tunnel wearing an Ajax kit.

Ajax are warming up now, Stam is playing too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

Yeah I'm watching it too, on Arsenal TV

Looks like the whole crowd have got free t-shirts, like the Wigan game at Highbury, the place is a sea of red and white

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I seem to remember hearing Lee Dixon saying he was playing too. Do you know which side Overmars is playing for? I know he has a dodgy knee, but I reckon he'll still give poor Dixon the run around! :)

Bergie's wife is a total milf!

Connolly is playing with Cygan at CB, contrary to what five say.

• Advertisement

I'm quite inpressed with how close the supporters are to the pitch, the atmosphere, and the camera angle. I thought the new stadium might have that impersonal, "City of Manchester"-feeling to it, but it seems to work quite well.

Is Channel 5 available through Sky Digital's "other channels" feature?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Nope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

I dont understand Irish but is the commentary synch to the picture way out?

Yeah. Its the reason I was looking for channel 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

mr_angry wrote:
    I seem to remember hearing Lee Dixon saying he was playing too.Do you know which side Overmars is playing for? I know he has a dodgy knee, but I reckon he'll still give poor Dixon the run around! :)

the other team apparantly!

And re: my earlier posts about GAA on TG4 i'm referring to the live championshop games that are shown on RTE2, imo they should be all on TG4.

Both our all-time leading goalscorer and our second greatest goalscorer set to take part in the second half... should be interesting! :)

lol

Nige taking out Ronald deBoer... genius!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Cruyff and Van basten.....

Will Cruyff do a bergkamp turn?

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

man, how good is van basten :D still the man

Yeah. Someone should try to sign him!

Another typically frustrating performance from Glenn Helder though. Great pace and directness, but no control whatsoever. Its exactly like the old days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Could someone tell me the real score?

Im sorta watching it but im convinved Tg4 keep changing the score.

Henry and Huntelaar scored and kanu just there that makes it 2-1 i think.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

2-1

Advertisement