Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saleman Makes Selling Look Easy

Options
  • 22-07-2006 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

A young zealous boy wanted desperately to work at a department store. He approached the store manager who responded they needed no help. Quite persistent, the boy returned again and again until the manager finally said "We're having a holiday sale tomorrow. Why don't you show up and you can give it a try." The elated boy returned the following day and proceeded to sell. At the end of the day the store manager called the youngster over and asked how he had done. The boy responded that he had sold $79,083.50 worth of merchandise. The manager asked how he had done so well. The young man said, "Well this guy was going fishing so I asked if he wanted some fish hooks, he said sure, That's $1.50. I asked if he had a nice fishing pole, he said no, so I got a graphite extension pole for $43.50. Do you have a nice reel, not yet replied the customer... so I got him a nice quick release reel for $35.00. I asked where he was going fishing and he said Strawberry Reservior. I told him the best places to catch fish are near the center, "Do you have a boat?" The man said he didn't so I set him up with a nice outboard 30 foot cruiser for $28,000.00. Then I asked if he had a trailer. He didn't, so I got him a double axle trailer for $3,000.00. Then I asked what he had to tow the boat. He only had a station wagon, so I told him that just wouldn't do, but we could get him a nice fully loaded Dodge Ram dually, racked and packed with a tow package, trailer hitch and everything for $48,000.00. He wanted it all." As you can imagine the store manager was astounded. "And to think it all began with that man asking for a package of fish hooks?" The boy replied, "Oh no, it all began with him asking for some tampons which were $3.50, so I replied, "Well you aren't going to be doing much else this weekend, you might as well go fishing!"

www.midwestangling.com

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

<snip - don't drink alcohol kids>

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

sinecurea wrote:
    Look, no offence, but please just go and **** a fish. You obviously need to get something out of your system.
    Once you've ****ed a fish, you might not have to take every joke ever written and a replace the main topic with fishing.
    Just try it, that's all I'm saying...
    Dude, stfu. His fishing jokes are funny, so leave the lad alone, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

He sure got that guy hook, line and sinker

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

There is somethin fishy goin on here

yeah i know i will get my.................HEY WHO STOLE MY COAT??!!!!!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

GAAman wrote:
    There is somethin fishy goin on here

yeah i know i will get my.................HEY WHO STOLE MY COAT??!!!!!
    >_>

<_<

not me

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

i thought it was good......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

Sinecurea, please tone down your reponses - any more posts like that and I will ban you from posting in this forum. That joke is an old one, and is exactly as I heard it many years ago - believe it or not, there are quite a few jokes regarding fishing in existence.

Bio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 jackfish

I found this board on accident, but thought it was pretty cool as my grandfather was from Dublin. I love reading the different lingo from the other side of the pond and figured I would share fishing jokes.

I can't imagine fishing jokes offending anyone, but sorry if it did. I promise you they are not made up jokes. They are classic fishing jokes. Some old, some new but nothing changed on my end.

For those that enjoy it, thanks! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Dermington

jackfish wrote:
    I can't imagine fishing jokes offending anyone, but sorry if it did. .

For those that enjoy it, thanks! :D

You can ignore what that miserable bastard said.

Your jokes are funnier that all the YouTube crap that people post.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

sinecurea wrote:
    <snip - don't drink alcohol kids>

What do you call a dangerous fish who drinks too much?
    A beer-a-cuda!

• Advertisement
Advertisement