Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When do you listen to music?

Options
  • 22-07-2006 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭

Is it a release from stress, to keep you entertained on long walks, a constant companion of yours or wha'?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I can't live without music, so, always. First thing I do when I wake up is throw on shuffle on the iPod, if I'm going out of the house, even for just 5 minutes, I'll take it with me, and I'll fall asleep to it.

Me + music = happily married couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Whenever I'm on the computer, before going to bed, when I take a nap, on the bus, walking anywhere, and if I'm on the bus with a friend, we'll sometimes listen to music together. <3 music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Constantly.

Me too

A bit Fairport Convention at the moment

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Always on bus / train journeys, it has to be the best way to relax...
    A bit Fairport Convention at the moment

Good choice! I'm listening to Richard & Linda Thompson now myself...I Want To See The Bright Lights Tonight...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Constantly.

Yep, music is on all around me and I probably couldn't do without it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Always listening to music on the mp3 when I'm walking or on public transport but for some strange reason I just don't like listening to music when I'm on the PC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Always. When I'm walking to work, in work, at home, on the interweb...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

up until my Mini-disc broke I listened to music everywhere; walking, on the train, at home, in bed... now just when I am on the inter web and sometimes in bed.

I really need an iPod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

always

people who are born deaf dont know what they are missing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ST*

While using my pc, walking/running, or in the car. Just about anytime I get a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 phantom pooper

while working, bussing, drinking... all the time nearly apart from when something deadly is on telly or when im playing it myself

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Whenever possible really

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Constantly, for um, god knows how long, maybe since I was eight or nine.
    I am a bit obsesive with songs and may listen to the same one a hundred times in a row, rarely that much though(Todays song is parabola - tool). People would not believe the play count on my windows media player for thousands of songs, until they saw it themselves.
    Can't listen in work though, so that's pretty much the only time I don't.
    Then again, they play music at my work...
    Ok, when I'm talkng to somebody I take out an earphone, that will do.
    It's ok, my friends are addicted to it too.

Off to work, music, woo!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Pretty much constantly also.. but mostly when walking / taking public transport is when you'll see me with the ears being typically blown off me - god bless iPod + euPOD Volume Boost with an 80% increase!

I'm at my most enraged when i wake up to found out my iPod is outta juice and i've a walk to work ahead of me.... GRRRR! :mad:

Love music.. but my heated views / opinions on music IS my social downfall. Any Westlife or Fallout Boy approaches me telling me about their latest and greatest single shall feel my wrath! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

Always.
    When im on the computer, in bed, on the bus, at work.
    Now that i think about it, the only time i don't listen to music is when im watching tv or when im sleeping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

on my way into and out of work, plus at work if i'm the only one on my team (like tonight)
    and pretty much constantly when i'm in my room at home. i'll normally even leave winamp playing my own music when playing games on the pc

oh yeah... i also DJ a bit ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Whenever on the computer, walking anywhere, on the bus, and in bed, but usually have to take the earphones out after a while as i just can't seem to fall asleep with my music on! Even if I put the volume real low!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

It usually is and if it ain't there you better do something about it. My music is as varied as the weather but always chasing my mood.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Demetrius

Always in the car and when really stressed or need distraction badly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Whenever I walk the dogs. It's better than being stuck with my brain.
    And public transport and before I go to bed.
    Anytime really.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,767 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

around now - this time of night when on PC. All 22gbs on shuffle in Windows media player. bagatelle I'm listening to now. very good band

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

When Im on the pc (alot), when going/walking anywhere, at the gym, atnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Whenever I can and when I can't, I hum doom metal riffs and tap my foot

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Trip Hazard

Marts wrote:

I really need an iPod

No no you dont need an iPod

you need an iRiver!!!!!!!

back to the point yeah music pretty much any time i'm in my room, and the majority of the time i'm walking or travelling alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

Pretty much whenever I can and when I can't I tend to sing myself. What generally happens is that when I'm talking to something, they say a key lyric in a song which leads me to sing that song. It's one of the many reasons that people think I'm certifiably insane: It looks like I'm muttering to myself while I walk down the street...

Advertisement