Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco and Lidl for Tramore?

• 22-07-2006 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭

Link

Of course this is the second attempt from Tesco to get into Tramore, having been shot down by objections from Supervalu the last time. I hope they are successful as the town badly needs a bit of competition, let alone the jobs they would create.

I wonder if they will be successful this time?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Cue objections from guess who! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

Mr Quish? :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Rumour was about in Tramore that Quish was selling up.. but I aint heard of it since.

SuperValu has new management now, so things might be done differently. Being the leading Super Market in Tramore (since Londis is just a health and safety issue, and why it was never told to close down is beyond me) they do what they want. For instance, it now costs like double for the weekly shopping -- they hiked the fecking prices for the summer.

I welcome Tesco And Lidl. Its about time, and since all the council and most of Tramore seem in agreement (apart from minor issues) that its needed - who knows? Why Super Valu were allowed to have any say, is beyond me. Obviously they will object if it means a bit of competition - sad reasons really. They will still do well even with the arrival of Tesco & Lidl.

Good luck, and I hope to god they win (Tesco & Lidl that is)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Does a certain green party person from Waterford city, have any interest in things going on in the county?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Bond-007 wrote:
    Does a certain green party person from Waterford city, have any interest in things going on in the county?

Not that im aware of.

Oh and more news on Super Value Tramore: Its been sold (apparently). Nothing offical just yet, but apparently its been sold to someone who runs one of the Super Value stores up the country also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

Sully04 wrote:
    Not that im aware of.

Oh and more news on Super Value Tramore: Its been sold (apparently). Nothing offical just yet, but apparently its been sold to someone who runs one of the Super Value stores up the country also.

He owns a SV in Ballincollig (or at least he did when I worked there) so he's probably focussing on the Cork part of his empire.

Advertisement