Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Garda Speed Checks

Options
  • 22-07-2006 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

I'm just wondering about what different types of speed cameras the gardai are using these days, and if there are ways of detecting them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

eoin88 wrote:
    I'm just wondering about what different types of speed cameras the gardai are using these days, and if there are ways of detecting them?

Using your eyes?

The fixed cameras have lines painted on the road. These can also be identified by "everyone" suspiciously slowing down for "no apparent reason" and then speeding back up again.

The mobile GATSOs are hidden in a van which has a LUMINOUS reflector on the back doors.

The mobile "hairdryers" are generally accompanied by a LUMINOUS Garda car/motorbike, and probably a long string of vehicles pulled into the roadside.

Eoin, you might be best increasing your observation on the road before increasing your speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭eoin88

Ha, funny. Well thats all pretty obvious, isnt it? I was refering more to SPECS or other average speed systems. I know they're widespread in the UK but I'm just curious to see if they are used over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

A mate of mine used to use these types of things -
    http://www.originb2.com/detect-speed-cameras.htm
    needless to say I still wont get in a car with him:D

Advertisement