Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sun Roof!!!!

Options
  • 22-07-2006 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

wanna put this on my vw lupo!!!!wanna know hoe much could that be!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

being honest, wudnt b worth it. Having to cut a hole that big in your roof, to fit a retro "moon roof" would be so much hassle. You may also find yourself with leaking problems...in fact, it would be better to put a skip on wheels :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Very Citroen 2CV :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

TBH, I don't think thats an option unless it's ordered at factory level.

Best you can opt for is a tilt/sliding roof. Try Autoglaze on 01 453 8555 if you want a sunroof.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think Webasto do full length sunroofs. they won't be cheap. a basic "toilet seat" pop-up sunroof will be 700 - 750, so a full length one must be close to 1500. Also the Lupo came with a factory option canvas roof, and this may have extra strenghtening on the body to cope with the lack of roof. My advice would be to bring one in from the UK with a sunroof.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

A girl at work bought a basic model Corolla in Dublin (Terra, I think) & the dealer fitted a sunroof & a few extras as part of the deal because he couldn't get the higher spec (Aura?). I think it was one of those tilt-but-no-slide jobbies that were popular back in the '80's.

I couldn't believe a Toyota dealer would endorse & carry out this task:eek:

I'd only go for factory fit when it comes to sunroofs...

• Advertisement

tilt and no slide sunroofs are known in the trade as "toilet seats"

toilet_seat_cover-FP6003.jpg
    webasto_H100.jpg
    they rarely add value.

BTW factory sunroof on a Corolla is only about 750 for electric tilt and internal slide, but takes 20 weeks to order from factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

pburns wrote:
    A girl at work bought a basic model Corolla in Dublin (Terra, I think) & the dealer fitted a sunroof & a few extras as part of the deal because he couldn't get the higher spec (Aura?). I think it was one of those tilt-but-no-slide jobbies that were popular back in the '80's.

I couldn't believe a Toyota dealer would endorse & carry out this task:eek:

I'd only go for factory fit when it comes to sunroofs...

My aunt ordered a corolla in 2000 with a sunroof . A few months later she was told the car had been lost (wtf?) and that it would be another few months to get her another one, so they got her a standard one and had an aftermarket sunroof fitted. Dont know if it was just that particular one but the result was it didnt have the blind that you cpull over factory fit sun roofs in the same colour/fabric as the car.

It is possible to get good quality aftermarket roofs fitted. Cartronics in Santry do one that they call the "factory" roof. It's the best one available, features tilt, internal slide, 3 memory positions, auto close when ignition is off, a blind and a new headlining, it is indistinguishable from an original sunroof, and comes highly recommended. We've bought tonnes of them without problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Stekelly wrote:
    My aunt ordered a corolla in 2000 with a sunroof . A few months later she was told the car had been lost (wtf?)

A well known Limerick dealer with a few franchises recently lost/forgot to order a whole batch of cars due for January delivery. That's (lost) what the salesman told my mom's friend when her car hadn't arrived by March

they don't have to order any cars. the distributor allocates them. more likely that they sold the cars for more money to someone else.

• Advertisement
Advertisement