Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone/Sky Mobile TV service- My conclusions..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭wba88

depends on the charges. i have watched paramount tv on my se v800. dont like it being loop channels aswell would prefer live channels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Good write up and I mostly agree with you . Was on a train last week from Dublin to Athy and have to say I was watching SKY News as I wanted to follow the news from Lebanon. All in all I was impressed but have to say VF need to upgrade alot of masts to 3G so that you get service in all areas. Once out of major cities the coverage is very bad and im sure it wouldnt take them this long to upgrade them if they put their minds to it . I have been to other countries where VF operate 3G and they seem to have far more coverage and its more reliable too.

I personally would use the TV more when im travelling by train or sitting waiting for one so being able to get good clean coverage whilst on the move would be great. After all your not going to sit in your home watching it if you got Sky!!

I like the range of channels and I have been able to get National Geographic,Sky News without any real problems. CNN can be 50/50 and sometimes I cant connect.

The product is a good idea but as I said they need to really upgrade it. When it does work I have to say its good and the picture and sound was ok too. I was watching it on my N70.

I guess the service is free until September until they iron out all the problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Ahh excellent comments. Would picture and sound upgrades be enough? I think there's a lot of content needed to be factored in too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Make the channels live. Make the video/sound quality watchable at hours outside the 2am-6am window!

Live sky one? I'd pay for that ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭Mossy

I've been able to get Paramount recently, but usually can't go more than a few minutes before I have connection problems (in Dublin).

I'm disappointed with the Sky One and Paramount programs. Although I like the standup program they show on Paramount, everything that they show from Sky One is cheap UK-made stuff, and neither channel has any of the decent American Sitcom/Dramas/Scifi that make up the bulk of regular programming on these channels.

Also Sky Movies doesn't show any movies, just ads for movies.

I think it's quite misleading to list channels as part of the package when they what they actually show is not representitive of the normal line-up.

Obviously it would cost them a lot more to show popular programs and movies, and maybe they'll introduce those later if the service is successful enough, but for the time being I don't know why anyone would pay for most of the channels on offer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement