Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Girls, what aftershave do you like on Men?

• 23-07-2006 2:51am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I haven't bought new aftershave in ages, the last few I've had have been presents and athough are fine, its not what I would have bought, and I notice that they don't often get me complimets from Women as much. I remember a few years ago girls would always comment when I wore Cool Water and sometimes Armani Mania. Nowadays its moreso 'Angel' and maybe Jean Paul Gautier, although I think thats a tad gay...

So girls, what aftershaves do you like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

each person has a different reaction to an aftershave, it reacts with your sweat to give off a unique smell

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Perhaps but generally women would have some preferences and agree on what girls think smells really nice above all others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Cool Water and sometimes Armani Mania... guaranteed to smell nice.. like most girls will like them..

issey miyake is also pretty well liked by birds..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

*points at name so is obviously of the testicled variety*

I LOVE estee lauder pleasures its the biz!

Other two i use are joop and ck one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Bookee

Black Xcess (sp!) is so yummy, and lasts well on the skin! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

alot of people say "ISSEY MIYAKE - L'EAU D'ISSEY" never smelled it myself though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Only time I ever remember actually asking what some guy's aftershave was called was about six years ago and I think it was Joop.

That's the only one I know! Twas nice though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Armani pour Homme or Hugo Boss. And the penultimate- Caroline Herrera. SEX.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

LadyJ wrote:
    Only time I ever remember actually asking what some guy's aftershave was called was about six years ago and I think it was Joop.

ah yes joop, or as I like to call it "scent of burberry":D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

LadyJ wrote:

oh i was going out with a guy before and i could smell it off my clothes every night after being with him, it was lovely, now that smell makes me kinda sad..:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

dior homme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Siun

Fahrenheit - it's still my favourite after first smelling it on a man probably 10 years ago. There's just something about it... Yum!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I always wear Cool Water and get a few compliments on it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I'm not a great fan of aftershave but there was one which had a ginger scent but I do not know the name of it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

CathyMoran wrote:
    I'm not a great fan of aftershave but there was one which had a ginger scent but I do not know the name of it.
    Thats really helpfull, thank you! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

Originally posted by Femmy:

oh i was going out with a guy before and i could smell it off my clothes every night after being with him, it was lovely, now that smell makes me kinda sad..

Femmy, that is a very good point. My husband used to wear Gray Flannel Aftershave but an old boyfriend used to wear that. He really likes the stuff, but I hate the memories it brings to me (almost puts me in an angry mood!), so I buy him other varieties that I like to smell. His Gray Flannel has "magically disappeared" from the medicine cabinet!!

Creed Tabarome is a mixture of Green Tea and other herbs and really "gets me in the mood"! And after all, isn't that what it's all about????

So it is a very careful decision as to what aftershave to wear. OP, if the gifts of cologne you have are from girlfriends, that probably means they don't want you to smell like a former beau! If they were from Mom, well, maybe she just wants you to smell nice!:D

L4L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Stephanos

Jean Paul Gautier is a bit gay but if you are straight girls will like it lots!

It smells of vanilla which is an aphrodisiac!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Le Male is a beast of an aftershave.

But the one that gets the nod from the girl I'm going out with is Burberry Brit Black. It's prolly my fav aftershave aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭theboytaylor

Black Code - Armani is the one for me, tis good I tell thee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Joop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Stephanos wrote:
    Jean Paul Gautier is a bit gay but if you are straight girls will like it lots!

It smells of vanilla which is an aphrodisiac!

:rolleyes: such a noob......

I personally, just smear vanilla flavoured ice cream all over my scrotch.

MUCH cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

212, Acqua di Gio or Crave for me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Lady_Macbeth

Hugo Boss, all the way...it's quite subtle, but you'll leave your mark.

Joop is nice too, but in moderation. It's quite strong and too much can be over powering, but used wisely and it's memorable.

A lot of women (and maybe men as well) like Farenheit, but I'm not much of a fan of that one.

Steer clear of Paul Smith however. Anything. They're all revolting.

- Lady

I haev Hugo Boss now and am not mad on it, can't say I've ever got complimtens on it.I perfer strong fragrences, might give Joop a try. Agree on Paul Smith, very disappointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Lexie

Cant stand Joop. Every second bloke wears it.

Paco Robanne - Ultra Violet is really nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Another vote for Acqua di Gió. I also wear Clinique Happy sometimes, when I'm feeling, eh, ...happy. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054939301&highlight=eau+du+toilette
    Great suggestions here, some smell fabulous. My favourite is a LaCoste one I have atm, forget it's name. Red and in a fancy bottle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I love the smell of Eternity by Calvin Klein on a guy.....
    Others that are nice are John Paul Gautier and Fahrenheit - although some guy passed me in the pub last night was wearing something really yummy and I have no idea what it was! But my friend didn't like that one at all.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭**elaine**

Armani Black Code... Best smell on a guy, ever. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

Femmy wrote:
    alot of people say "ISSEY MIYAKE - L'EAU D'ISSEY" never smelled it myself though.

100% !!!!

also Lacoste- the red one!?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭AnitaMcCluskey

Oh god I HATE Joop and Farenheit. Every second bloke has it and alot over do it. Practically bathing in it before going out. Less is more boys!

I love D&G and Hugo Boss but I think that's a bias opinion because my bf wears it. But I find most aftershaves are nostaligic bringing back old memories of the ghosts of boyfriends past, some good, some bad. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭pokerwidow

Siun wrote:
    Fahrenheit - it's still my favourite after first smelling it on a man probably 10 years ago. There's just something about it... Yum!!

Agree............Sex in a bottle:)

Advertisement