Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naruto

Options
  • 23-07-2006 4:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

For those of ye who dont know Naruto is airing on Jetix everyday aparently.

Dont have the chanel so I dont know what time but they did have adds for it on Cartoon Network

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

Yea, it started showing yesterday (22nd). I didn't see it myself, although I do have the channel (I've never watched it though).
    I think it shows Saturday and Sundays at 8pm.
    Heres the official thingy: http://www.jetix.co.uk/fktv/shows/0,6248,30908,00.html

Edit: The website says Saturday and Sunday but the ad on the channel itself says everyday, so must be everyday.

I watched half the episode today, and as expected it is quite edited, but there was the appearence of some Sexy Jutsu! Which I didn't expect to see on a channel like Jetix. It was only breif though.

Aparently editing will include shurikuns, the word "kill", reference to smoking and most of the violence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭GK¦ Ixion²

Naruto is great but accompanied with the terrible english dubs, it begs the question of why watch the damn thing at all?
    Gimme the jap voices with subs and violence anyday of the week.

Naruto is great but accompanied with the terrible english dubs, it begs the question of why watch the damn thing at all?
    Gimme the jap voices with subs and violence anyday of the week.

I agree, there is no reason why any self respecting anime fan will watch the chopped up Naruto shown on Jetix. But at least it opens the show up to a new audience. I just wish the dubbing wasn't so terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I watched it this evening.... Naruto's voice is done by a woman with a horrible raspy voice... it's terrible.

And they cut out the nose bleeds!

Yea, I doubt you'll see any blood at all to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Maddzy wrote:
    Yea, I doubt you'll see any blood at all to be honest.

..thats going to be.. strange..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

the blood is what i find mqkes naruto and bleach cool.

oh and everone better be reading the naruto manga because its getting so good :D

typing on a dam morrocen keyboad and everythings diffrent :D

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

I watched it this evening.... Naruto's voice is done by a woman with a horrible raspy voice... it's terrible.

And they cut out the nose bleeds!

That sounds horrible :eek:

Haha... here's the voice of Naruto:

10m.jpg

Was checking out you tube for the dubbed version of naruto to see how bad it was and i came across this...fu*kin hilarious lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-YGR5ICLYo&search=naruto%20ep%20dubbed

• Advertisement

carbonkid wrote:
    Was checking out you tube for the dubbed version of naruto to see how bad it was and i came across this...fu*kin hilarious lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-YGR5ICLYo&search=naruto%20ep%20dubbed

:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiziIXz89Aw&search=naruto%20ninja%20amv

Yea that was pretty cool ^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Cosine

Maddzy wrote:

Very very silly :p

Saw a bit of an episode the other day :eek: Scary just how different it is. Wonder how Ero-senin(sp) is going to be portrayed. I doubt that they are going to translate his name quite right. If they won't show blood they arn't going to start calling people perverted hermit :D

Has anyone seen an english bud of bleach? now that would be strange if they edited the blood

Bleach would certainly get a late night slot if they showed it over here. Unless it was ridiculously edited.

Colour correct the blood so that it is white soul society spirit power leaking out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭GK¦ Ixion²

Colour correct the blood so that it is white soul society spirit power leaking out.

Hmmm. I reckon the concept of blood oozing out would hold steadfast even with colour correction.
    Its a shame that they have to tamper with anime and try to sell it to the younger kids here. All they do is drag it through the dirt and fluff it up, leaving one with an anime that even children regard as childish. It creates a bad image for anime and does nothing but destroy a possible fanbase.
    If i were ever to see bleach without violence i think id cry.:(

Yea, I agree, its a shame anime gets such an image here, Pokemon went and ruined everything. If the TV peeps over here realised that if they presented anime with the same kind of attitude as with shows like Buffy, aimed at a 16 - 25 age group, they'd not only make a fortune but also make lots of people happy. Of course, this probably wouldn't work with shows like Naruto and Bleach, but stuff like Ergo Proxy and Stand Alone Complex would certainly work like that.

After the insane success of The Matrix, a movie that was pretty much based on anime, you'd think they'd get the picture.

With shows like Naruto and Bleach I'm not surprised they get so censored over here. The kids in this part of the world, as in America, are far more immature then Japanese and other Asian kids, so it has to be dimmed down for them. Weather we like it or not, Naruto is a kids show, and will be presented as such whereever its shown.

Maddzy wrote:
    Weather we like it or not, Naruto is a kids show, and will be presented as such whereever its shown.

aww :(

Is it really watched in Japan as a kids show? Yea i know the characters in the show are really young but i would of thought it was far too slow paced and emotional to keep their interest. Damn it its not a kids show >_<

• Advertisement

lmao of course its a kid's show. Well, young teenagers at least. Its shonen, its target audience in Japan is 10 - 15 year olds.

This thing you're experiencing is called Culture Shock :P

Hah :)

still waiting for it to get good though :P

To be honest I find it hard to tolerate shonen anime myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rei-chan

I've watched it, but I only do it to like, shout at the TV. I correct the way they say they names. They say Kakashi like 'Kawkawshe' It's like...Omgwtfbbq.
    I think the only name they say right is Sasuke...Cause that's easy.
    And they don't explain stuff very well...at all. Plus kakashi sounds like a total fag.
    It's so ghey. I can't watch it, cause it gets me angry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Just out of interest, have they translated "Dattebayo" as "Believe it"?
    Hearing that at the end of every second sentence from Naruto would do my nut in:p

oh.. yes... that's like his new cool catch phrase.

I think its translated as "Ya know?" in the dub, and he doesn't say it nearly as much as in the original Japanese.

Edit: Oh wait, he does say "Believe it" aswell. Maybe they mixed and matched. As far as I know "Dattebayo" isn't really a word that can be translated to English, its just part of Naruto's Japanese dialect.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rei-chan

Yeah, that's really annoying... Pfft, fags.

anyone reading the manga
    cant wait to see what naruto can do with the wind justu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

tman wrote:
    Just out of interest, have they translated "Dattebayo" as "Believe it"?
    Hearing that at the end of every second sentence from Naruto would do my nut in:p

I will not let Sasuke beat me, BELIEVE IT!

It's so bad it's not even funny. The only voice they have anyway somewhat similar is Hinata (jumped ahead a few episodes on youtube to see what it was like). The voice actors are bad. Gaara has quite possibly the most miscast voice in it.

Kawkawshe Hawtawkay the copy ninja, with the power of sharrr-ing-gon. BELIEVE IT!

Advertisement