Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naruto

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Current rumours speculate that the Kakashi Gaiden arc is set to begin at around episode 200. Which ties in nicely with me coming to the end of the fillers (found it hard to watch them with as much entusiasim as episodes 1-136!).

Just incase the rumours are untrue, here is something with a little more substance.

I was wondering if perhaps you Anime Guru's can answer a burning question of mine. If there is a manga released each week, and an Anime. Why do they need to delay the Anime story with filler? Surly now with the manga a whole year ahead they would never need to fill again.... or am I thinking about this too simplistically? Most likely the artists don't just do each episode week by week and this is the reason?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭GK¦ Ixion²

Cos the Naruto manga itself only gets a piece of a full manga. Its really only a small part of a compilation of manga's.
    As such the weekly release of the manga doesnt tell nearly as much storyline as a weekly release of an anime episode and the anime started to catch up. Hence they stalled to let the manga take a leap forward.
    Otherwise they would have run out of main storyline material and hence lost their primetime place on japaneese television(one which is very sought after and would be nigh bloody painfull to get back again).

As explained to me by a m8 of mine and currently my understanding of the situation(even tho i dont read the manga):cool:

I see, that would explain it. Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Im just starting into the filter eps now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 human

hi all. i'm a new member in this forum, did they talking about naruto ?
    it's a good anime, I like it very much. :D did you watch it. I can't speak english
    very well just little but I understand. thnx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

Maddzy wrote:
    As far as I know "Dattebayo" isn't really a word that can be translated to English, its just part of Naruto's Japanese dialect.

Its made up. The word doesn't exist in japanese except when Naruto says it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Is it just me or did the characters get a growth spurt between episodes 196 and 197? Naruto looks older (well bigger maybe not older).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Cosine

196?

Jebus I'm way back. Gave up about 175 and was going to wait till the filler ended, never realised it had been so long :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Makaveli wrote:
    Is it just me or did the characters get a growth spurt between episodes 196 and 197? Naruto looks older (well bigger maybe not older).
    Just had a look at 197 last night... I don't notice any huge difference... but they might be laying the ground work for the 2 and a half year growth spurt that will happen when they finally leave the filler.

197 seems to be setting up yet another filler arc... boo...

Most filler arcs tend to only run for three or four episodes though. Hopefully it will all come to an end soon. It's ridiculous, the filler has been running longer than most other series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭OniTenshi

According to narutofan.com episode 200 marks the beginning of the Kakashi Gaiden arc which runs for 4 episodes I believe. The episode titles are: Konoha's Yellow Flash Appears!, Kakashi Gaiden Starts!!!!!, Kakashi Break Down! The Sharingan Awakens, and finally End of Kakashi Gaiden. After this the new arc is supposed to begin. Again only rumours but as far as they can tell it seems pretty genuine. So only filler till 200 hopefully. I'm looking forward to seeing the Kakashi Gaiden arc myself, I enjoyed it in the manga.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭neoB

why oh why did I bother to start watching it?? I am so hooked,staying up hours getting no sleep watching episode after episode.. and I am so sick of the bs episodes! Why does it take ages for a battle, its like dbz.. but good gosh naruto owns :). Damn you filler eps, damn the lot of you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

CHeck out the menga - it is excellent :)

The Kakashi flashback is very cool :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

ya manga is good.

and also is the blech filler over yet ??

No, but
    they have entered Soul Society and are fighting there
    To be honest, the Bleach filler arc is so much better than the Naruto stuff because of the continuity. The Bounts are pretty lame but it's interesting enough to keep me watching.

Makaveli wrote:
    Most filler arcs tend to only run for three or four episodes though.

Exactly, and since this arc has all the rookies it would be a decent ending to the filler!

Polished off 185-197 over the weekend so I am all prepped and ready! Although it did create time to enjoy the absolute brilliance that is The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bongo13

I am on episode like..80 ish where theyre looking for tsunade. I only started 2 weeks ago. I know a great site for anime though.. its sort of like youtube exept with anime episodes :P

I'm playing Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! 4 on the Gamecube at the moment.... It's a lot of fun. You can have 4 player battles and there is a huge amount of characters to choose from all with their own special moves.

Beat em up? Do you need a freeloader or equivalent to play imports on a GC?

Makaveli wrote:
    Beat em up? Do you need a freeloader or equivalent to play imports on a GC?
    Yep. It's a beat 'em' up. It's easy to play as well... very simple to master all the moves.

And yes, you need Freeloader or Action Replay discs to run import games.

This is the latest of the Naruto games and follows the story up as far as Naruto and Sasukes battle at the waterfall. The amount of unlockable characters is unreal though... you can even play as Akamaru on his own.

I'll be sure to bring it along to Eirtakon.

• Advertisement

Action replay. Thats the one that allows you to use different region games right?

Found a Bleach beat 'em up over in england but the guy at the store said it was only released for japan so I'd need a jap PS2, which, wouldn't you know, they had in stock for only 150 pounds :/

Anyone use AR with imported games?

Well with a PS2 I think you need to get it chipped. With the Gamecube you can just use the disc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

The Naruto game on the GBA put me off ever playing another one again :D

Nice to know that the filler material is almost over (199 was released earlier)

Until I'm actually watching a non-filler episode again I'm not going to even bother looking forward to a particular episode release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

I love how over a third of the series now is filler. Damn animators.

At least we have that special in October to possibly cling to.

lol watched an episode on toonami there the other day. The dubs had me in stitches for ages :D

Cosine wrote:
    lol watched an episode on toonami there the other day. The dubs had me in stitches for ages :D
    I wouldnt even bother watching the dubbed toonami version. Cos i imagine it wud be difficult to muster any amount of respect for the show ever again. Plus AFAIK narutofan retracted their confirmation of the filler stopping by ep200 a while ago, so it could well be the middle of october before it ends. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Muldaine

I just watched an episode on Jetix on ntl for the first time, man the dubs suck. They sound so crap, i much prefer the japanese even though i dont speak it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Eva24

Well, until the appearance of the oft- rumoured Kakashi Gaiden episodes :D. We're all stuck in Filler hell.

Although some brave wielders of the flash programme have set out to create the second arc here:p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f6psxpx3XA&NR

I hardly need to say spoilers but I actually thought the animation was pretty close to South Parks' standard

• Advertisement

Direct from Dattebayo:

We would like to Announce...

Contrary to Popular Belief, episode 200 is not the last episode of filler.

Here is the upcoming Naruto schedule:

9/13 - Episode 200
    9/20 - Episode 201 (FINAL Filler Episode)
    9/27 - Episode 202 (Clip Show)

At this time Naruto changes time slots to THURSDAY. (Subs will now be released Thursday Nights at 11:30pm PDT. NOTE: Bleach will be taking Naruto's old Position in the TV Tokyo's Lineup, and will now be released Wednesday nights at 11:30pm PDT.)

10/5 - 90 Min. Kakashi Gaiden Special FOLLOWED by Episode 203(begining of Naruto II)
    10/12 - Episode 204

With any luck this is true:cool:

Advertisement